HVR - 2200 Support (1 Viewer)

Sadlo

Portal Member
February 26, 2008
Does anyone have any experiences with MP and HVR-2200 card? MP doesn’t support them When I want to add Capture card in Confiration utillity I got "No capture card found" message. Thank you for your help :)

Sadlo

Portal Member
February 26, 2008
I installed TVE3, it works, but ... It detected my HVR-2200 like WinTV 7164 BDA. May be, it could be reason, why I'am not able to tune screen. Screen is muzzy. Can you help me, which MPEG2 Video decoder should be selected on Television tab.

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
After looking at the layout of the CaptureCards.xml file, I had a shot ot creating an entry for the HVR 2200.

Here's what allowed me to get the digital tuners to be seen by Media Portal:

Code:
  <capturecard commercialname="Hauppauge HVR-2200MCE" capturename="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA Digital Capture DVBT" devid="VEN_1131&amp;DEV_7164&amp;SUBSYS_89000070&amp;REV_81">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
        <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="capture" name="Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA Digital Capture DVBT" checkdevice="true"></filter>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

I apologise for any errors that may have been caused by my 'cut 'n' paste' method of simply using the Nova entry as a base.

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
It appears to only be half a solution. :(

Even through MediaPortal sees two tuners, it fails to gain control of the second one.

Apart from rebuilding my system around TVE3, is there any ideas on how to fix this?

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
That's a major bummer.

I'm not really keen on the idea of having to install a database server and then run a standalone install of TVE3 simply to gain the functionality of my second digital tuner.

I don't miss the analogue tuners.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not really keen on the idea of having to install a database server and then run a standalone install of TVE3 simply to gain the functionality of my second digital tuner.

Why :confused: , as it does so much more, especially for dvb

If you do decide to, go back about 2 weeks on the releases of both TVE3 and MP svn.

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Why :confused: , as it does so much more, especially for dvb

If you do decide to, go back about 2 weeks on the releases of both TVE3 and MP svn.

The short answer is that the only feature that I am missing if the use of the second digital tuner on the 2200.

The long answer is that I already have a bacjup tuner card, I already store all my music on a server in another room, I already have a virtual Windoze box that runs uTorrent and handles all my torrent downloads. I even have a custom bash script that I run on my unix server to create the correct TV guide for the channels that we have in Aus.

The point of sticking with TVE2 was to keep all the functionality of the client without the need for a server. I've just spent $1000 on the hardware and don't really want to have to go to the expense of building a client machine and moving a tv server into another room.

I realise that I can run the server and client from a single machine, but this adds overheads that I could do without.

Apart from the driver support, what functionality will actually be gained by the use of TVE3? When I read the WIKI, the only major feature that stuck out was MPEG recording.

Users who are viewing this thread