I can't seem to upmix to 5.1 using the BASS engine (1 Viewer)

exactopposit

June 3, 2009
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Amped
Windows Version: Vista SP2
CPU Type: Athlon 3800 x2
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: Epox 9npa Ultra
Video Card: Geforece 8400gs
Video Card Driver: 190.38
Sound Card: Realtek alc850
Sound Card AC3: Realtek alc850
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.6303
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MPC
Remote: MCE

I'm attempting to configure things so that when I play music in MP it gets upmixed to 5.1 and sent to my receiver via spdif. As it stands right now I can get any video file I try (even those with stereo audio) to work properly, but the music is not cooperating. It would seem ffdshow audio and windows settings are correct because it does upmix with the internal dshow player and when i play anything in media player classic. However, when i use the BASS engine, it looks like the sound is bypassing ffdshow (since the try icon doesn't show up) and i get stereo out. I would prefer to use the BASS engine so I can use the gapless playback.

I've spent all weekend trying to figure out how to make this work, but I'm stumped. I tried the PureAudio plugin but it diesn't seem to change anything at all even with it set to upmix to 5.1. I tried Asio4All and setting BASS to use that but it made no difference. I tried everything i could find about tweaking the settings in the BASS engine like setting the volume to max and turning off crossfading and gapless playback. No dice.

I've tried pretty much everything I could find anywhere online over the last 2 days and I just can't seem to get it to work. If anybody has any suggestions for how to get MP to upmix music to 5.1 and retain gapless playback I'd be happy to hear about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom