I *DID* make a bugtrack LOG.. "mediaportal has stopped working" -edited

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by Mycophiles, January 14, 2010.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Following the guide I uninstalled everything I thought was a codec pack first. Updated my video card drivers/ installed Direct X 10 and then followed the install for using Mediaportal without a TV -Tuner. Then I installed the streamedMP skin.

Now, mediaportal with lock up when I go into it and at different times. Sometimes when I am browsing through the movies, sometimes (actually most of the time) when I go back to a previous menu. (using MCE remote).

I saw in the bugtracker an issue regarding the default DPI settings so I set those from the larger font size which I had to the 96 (normal) DPI settings but the problem persists.

The error is "mediaportal has stopped working. windows is trying to find a solution".

I've done many searches and before I put in a bugtracker I thought I'd post here. One question... Is "TV Tonic" part of media portal or the Streamed MP skin? I thought I had uninstalled everything but don't remember installing that. I also disabled Media Center

Just throwing this out there.

specs are :

AMD 5000+
    2 gig ram
    Samsung HD 500gig
    Nvidia Geforce 8400 gs

Vista OS

thanks

http://stashbox.org/768172/MediaPortalLogs_14_01_10.zip

or maybe I Can update this post with the log file.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Re: I WILL make a bugtrack post w. the log but first.. "mediaportal has stopped work

[​IMG]

Kidding. :D:D:D

TVTonic is not related to MediaPortal, StreamedMP or any other skin or plugin that I am ware of.

EDIR:
    Sure :) - and welcome, btw :woot:

4. Mycophiles

Mycophiles New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!