I handle the HTPC from another computer (1 Viewer)

marioare

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi,
    anyone know of a program that works well to control this wonderful software via remote desktop. I handle the HTPC from another computer.
    Thank you very much

Hi,
    The idea is that you do not have to turn on the television to play great music for the stereo, for example, and can do so from a computer that is running.
    HTPC box has no display.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Thank you.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    How about just using the built in Windows Remote Desktop program?

Thats what I use here and it works well.

LogMeIn is only needed if you are trying to access it from somewhere else across the internet, not on another part of your network.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Windows Remote Desktop program will not allow you to see mediaportal. i use ultraVNC

marioare

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you very much,
    I've used programs that I recommend and only to me but LogMeIn has worked is the glue that accesses the computer from the internet and I want desdde ethernet. Ultra VNC has worked me half, because that part is a little slower, when activated choppy video ¿?

ViriiGuy

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    I too would like to have a better solution for controlling MP from a different location.
    XBMC has a webserver and web interface that you can log into and control like a remote. They use this to interface with all sorts of devices like the iPhone or PSP.

Is there anything like this for MP?

Thanks
    Virii

ViriiGuy

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Thanks, checking those out now!

Well dern. The web server is not really what I am looking for. It seems as if that is only for setting up tv server to record and such. I meant more for general everyday control. Like Fast forward, pause, volume... like a remote control. It does not appear As for iPimp, I have not checked it out yet, I am going to this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom