I Love MP (1 Viewer)

wietze

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Damwoude
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I just want to say that MP runs on my system perfectly. I don't have anykind of problems anymore. I believe that it was a good direction of development to make at first a stable version so adding new things is easier. I want to thank the complete DEV Team and also the people who run the websites for their work and time they put in to it. Some people on this forum are not nice to these guys (and girls) becoase they have problems with MP. I think that most problems are outside of MP, I had some problems earlier but after a reinstal of the complete system all are solved and the system is running fine for more than a month running 24/7 without a restart. My system is used only for MP.

SO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

and many thanks for making MP, i'm realy impressed and pleased with the program.

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
I agree with you wholeheartedly. After a complete system reinstall, mediaportal has been working for me without a problem. Some people complain about the format that MP records in but I don't have a problem with DVR-MS at all. In fact, I might have a problem when they do the new recording engine which is said to record in mpg2 format as I cannot find a decnet program that can do frame accurate commercial editing. The commercial editing program that my PVR came with is not frame accurate at all. DVRedit edits DVR-MS files very accurately. I can then convert the DVR-MS into Mpeg 2 then if I wish I can convert that mpg2 into whatever I wish.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    broadband412 said:
    I might have a problem when they do the new recording engine which is said to record in mpg2 format as I cannot find a decnet program that can do frame accurate commercial editing.

The according to me best program available is "VideoRedo Plus" (http://www.VideoReDo.com). This program will take dvr-ms, mpg2, ts etc. as input and mpg2 as output. It does frame acurate editing and is fast doing it. I use it every day for removing commercials. You have the option for automated commercial detection(slow) or manual(fast).

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    I heard videoredo is good but is not free. With mediaportal, the recordings are in DVR-MS format so I can use DVRedit which is free and does a great job on cutting commercials. I can then use either MP itself to convert DVRMS to mpg2 or use DVRMSToolbox and then use a program such as Simplified Universal Player & Encoderer & Renderer to convert to whichever format I wish.

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I love MP too!!!!!

And I also use videoredo, but
    just a question on it, last version (2.2.1-445) seems to corrupt files, I vent back to previous version, anyone else is having the same problem?!?

thanks
    ammm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom