I Propound new Splash for 0.3 + PSD (1 Viewer)

Vanessa

Portal Pro
May 31, 2006
I propound this...

Change the actual splash screen for one more styled.

mpoldoy6.png

To

mpsplashcopyix9.png

Download the PSD if you like...
http://www.savefile.com/files/5382493

regards

Vanessa

Portal Pro
May 31, 2006
  • Banned
...thank's :p anyone developer can change the PSD (It's only a fast example) and put on the next SVN, i think that looks more styled.

The font used for logo it's:

*Freestyle Script*,

and i use this characters: II°

regards

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Very nice Vanessa,

However I think it really needs to stay with the original MP brand font and Logo, yours uses a different font and a changed logo. Think brand-recognizion, user immediatly need to be able to know what it is without even reading the text. Marketing speaking here.
    The version should also go somewhere, probably not too dominant though.

Other than that, I love it.
    Inker

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For the 0.3 release with the new TV engine Which is futuristic in itself, the new splashscreen would be a perfect partner.

Best Wishes

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    • Banned
    Inker said:
    Very nice Vanessa,

However I think it really needs to stay with the original MP brand font and Logo, yours uses a different font and a changed logo.
    The version should also go somewhere, probably not too dominant though.

Other than that, I love it.
    Inker

The change ever it's good.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Vanessa said:
    The change ever it's good.

Do you mean that change is good? If so, then this is certainly true, however changing ones brand, even just the font used in the logo, is pretty risky from a marketing point of view. You really don't wanna go through a multitude of different logos. How many times has the Coca-Cola logo changed in the past 50 years? If I remember correctly they tried to change it once, but quickly went back as customers got confused as they didn't immediatly recognize the brand in the supermarket. A different Example may be Intel, who had used the same Intel Inside logo since I believe the early ninties, but have recently changed at least that part of their brand. So yes, it can be done if one really feels its time for a change, and perhaps one would like to differentiat itself from one's own past, symbolising a new, fresh product range. Generally though, I believe its best to stick with one.

Now you might argue that your logo actually looks better, let everyone judge that by himself, however I do believe that the current iteration of the MP logo is at least somewhat well established. If the logo were to change, than that would have to be done a global scale, meaning the webpage, promotional pictures, everything. No easy task, and certainly none that should be taken lightly.

What I'm trying to say is, if the MP logo (and with it the brand) stays the same for the .3 release, than the splash-screen, as good as it may look, needs to use that same brand and style.

Hope you can understand my reasoning, no bad feelings intented.

Inker

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I do believe that the current iteration of the MP logo is at least somewhat well established. If the logo were to change, than that would have to be done a global scale, meaning the webpage, promotional pictures, everything. No easy task, and certainly none that should be taken lightly.

What I'm trying to say is, if the MP logo (and with it the brand) stays the same for the .3 release, than the splash-screen, as good as it may look, needs to use that same brand and style.

Hope you can understand my reasoning, no bad feelings intented.
    Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread