I want to move all my movies to another drive, without re-scan? (1 Viewer)

Joche

Portal Member
February 18, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is it possible to change the location of all movies without rescanning them all. I will follow the same directory tree but just change the drive letter.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Only if your willing to manually change the database. If it is many files you will probably want to do some sort of update statement. You can do so with the browser utility that comes with MP.

Klept

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2007
    Utah
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it possible to change the location of all movies without rescanning them all. I will follow the same directory tree but just change the drive letter.

And I'm not sure of your configuration but possibly, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Junction.mspx
    Might help as it acts like the subst dos command for directories, or possibly using Windows Disk Management in "Computer Management" to mount the drive as a different drive letter etc...

Joche

Portal Member
    February 18, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

And I'm not sure of your configuration but possibly, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Junction.mspx
    Might help as it acts like the subst dos command for directories, or possibly using Windows Disk Management in "Computer Management" to mount the drive as a different drive letter etc...

That was exactly how I solved my problem a couple of days ago. My apologizes for not sharing this with the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom