Icelandic characters comes as rubbish (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thank you very much. And you are welcome.

Enjoy your movie collection in Icelandic (y)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Well here I'm again. Once again the Icelandic description falls out. Got no description, and I'll have to use the kvikmyndir.is scraper to get the Icelandic description. Here is a log for importing Iron Man 3. This happened some weeks ago, not sure when.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Will look at it when I get back. Expect an update later, it is usually something simple. Nobody else reported anything though, so it could be something on your end.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @kjarrig, the problem is on your side. Somehow your database got out of whack and you are stuck with IMDb+ v3.2.5 (for some unexplained reason MovPic during an upgrade does not use the latest IMDb+ version inside the Scripts table). This is why it is unable to use all the fixes I have applied on Icelandic language, or any other fixes for that matter.

It is an easy fix, if you can send me your database via dropbox or some other means.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    @kjarrig, the problem is on your side. Somehow your database got out of whack and you are stuck with IMDb+ v3.2.5 (for some unexplained reason MovPic during an upgrade does not use the latest IMDb+ version inside the Scripts table). This is why it is unable to use all the fixes I have applied on Icelandic language, or any other fixes for that matter.

It is an easy fix, if you can send me your database via dropbox or some other means.
    Here's my db, hope that you can fix this glitch.

Attachments

• movingpictures.rar
      965.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It is an easy fix, so attached is the version that should work again.

All I did was open the file inside SQLite Browser, switch to the 'Browse Data' tab, go to the 'scripts' table, locate the last IMDb+ entry (usually the last entry in table, and it was the last ID = 98 in yours as well), and then copy and paste that to all the other IMDb+ entries. In reality I only needed to overwrite the 'wrong' one, which I believe was 3.2.5 in your case, but better safe then sorry.

I'm sure you have no idea what steps you exactly did to cause this 'corruption' to occur, and I am not going to report it as an issue with MovPic developers until I'm able to provide them with the steps to do so. At least the manual work-around works and it happens extremly rare.

PS: Verify via IMDb+ Info... if v4.9.24 updates correctly for you, because if you check now I bet you still see v3.2.5 (even if you get update message from IMDb+, although you might need to restart MePo to see v3.2.5 re-appear, unless of course the corruption is recent an me publishing a new version auto-fixes it). Either way the db3 file in attachment is the one you should use, as it will prevent error from coming back and causing major failure when issues re-occur.

Attachments

• movingpictures.7z
      755.2 KB

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Thanks RoChess, once again your expertise solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread