"iconized" TV leads to an Unhandled exception Error in Direct3D (1 Viewer)

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal SVN Version: 14711
MediaPortal Skin: blue two wide
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005 SP 2
CPU Type: Intel P4 - 3GHz
HDD: 2x 160GB IDE, 2x300GB SATA
Memory: 2y512MB
Motherboard: ASUS P5P800
Motherboard Chipset: Intel
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9250
Video Card Driver: ATI 8.252
Sound Card: ASUS integrated (Analog Devices)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: AD 5.12.1.5242
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500 (23xxx-Tuner 1)
1. TV Card Type: analogue
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 500 (23xxx-Tuner 2)
2. TV Card Type: analogue
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.43.24103
MPEG2 Video Codec: mp - mpv
MPEG2 Audio Codec: mp - mpa
Satelite/CableTV Provider: UPC Austria
Remote: hp iPAQ 3715rx - emulates Microsoft MCE via Nevo Software and keyboard via Total Control Application
TV: 32" CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite/S-Video

Issue: Starting mp and entering "My TV". MP is set to autostart TV and Timeshifting. In every Screen, when live TV is iconized (example here: in tv guide) after some actions or seconds waiting the screen freezes. When hitting "ESC" to come out of the tv menues the screen goes black and sound appears. Ending mp via ALT-F4 works. The error msg in error.log is repeatedly (>20 times!) showing an unhandled exception error in Application Microsoft Direct Draw.
Note: This doesn´t appear if in "My TV", where there is a smaller TV Window than in fullscreen but bigger than those iconized one (probably a hint?).

Searching in the forums and Mantis lead me to some similar issues but not that exactly, so probably this corresponds to the old mantis issue http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=721 ??

many TIA for your hard work. i will appreciate your kindly feedbacks ;-)
ys, LX.
----------------------
addition: even with todays svn (14783) there is no change on this behaviour. but i´ve to correct above statements with the follwing:
- even if tv/timeshift is stopped before entering tvguide the symptoms do appear, because also log shows automatic restart of tv in tvguide ;-(
- it isn´t neccessary to end mp by alt-f4, stopping tv by pressing "b" helps out of black fullscreen.
----------------------
add2:
- from time to time the system becomes totally unresponsible, so neither alt-f4 nor b nor crtl-alt-del helps out of that!
----------------------
thanks, LX.

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
hi guys,
is there no one able to reproduce that freezing or has a hint 4 me?
i´m seriously thinking that the root is some basic problem because of the "application error in direct3d" obviously is coming out from time to time since a long time in svn´s.
now i got the situation not to be able to program a tv recording because of the automated start of tv in tvguide and so the system hangs ;-(
please a hint ;-)
many thanks, LX.

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
the problem (hang) seemed to be solved in svn 14788 - 2007-06-05.
many thanks for the solution although i don´t know which one because of no feedback!
another issue is still "open": unwanted tv autostart in tvguide.
cheers, LX

LXB

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
edit:
the problem is still NOT gone, it appears only in more rarely cases (sometimes in mini tv window in home screen for example).
i´m a little bit frustrated and will try a clean 0220 during the weekend ;-(
ys, LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom