Ideas for future versions of MP

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by miljbee, June 26, 2006.

1. miljbee

miljbee Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Dear all,

I have seen quite a lot of posts asking for iptv support and lot of others posts asking for the ability to stream mp content on the network.

I don't want to give any advices to devs, since i am not able to understand c#, i just want to give some ideas.

I think it could be great if all things that mp was playing was rendered to an ip stream. it could be done in the core engine of mp, and it would enable to address several feature requests.

for exemple, for TV, mp could transform the output of the tvboard to an ip stream containing the video and the sounds, and then play that stream. This way, streaming the content on the network would be very easy. Supporting iptv would also be simple, as well as redesigning Timeshifting.

Perhaps this could also improve channel switching speed.

In short, mp would need to be rebuild as a client/server app. the server would only produce ip streams, and the client would only decode these streams. Perhaps would it be even possible to seperate client and server to have 2 different programs. This would allow for exemple to have a strong and noisy server into the garage, and a light/tiny pc bellow the tv.

It has for sure already been discussed in other threads, but i wanted to re-open discussions on this. This will perhaps give new ideas ....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. petteram

petteram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!