Ideas for future versions of MP (1 Viewer)

miljbee

Portal Pro
November 11, 2005
Orléans, France
Home Country
France France
Dear all,

I have seen quite a lot of posts asking for iptv support and lot of others posts asking for the ability to stream mp content on the network.

I don't want to give any advices to devs, since i am not able to understand c#, i just want to give some ideas.

I think it could be great if all things that mp was playing was rendered to an ip stream. it could be done in the core engine of mp, and it would enable to address several feature requests.

for exemple, for TV, mp could transform the output of the tvboard to an ip stream containing the video and the sounds, and then play that stream. This way, streaming the content on the network would be very easy. Supporting iptv would also be simple, as well as redesigning Timeshifting.

Perhaps this could also improve channel switching speed.

In short, mp would need to be rebuild as a client/server app. the server would only produce ip streams, and the client would only decode these streams. Perhaps would it be even possible to seperate client and server to have 2 different programs. This would allow for exemple to have a strong and noisy server into the garage, and a light/tiny pc bellow the tv.

It has for sure already been discussed in other threads, but i wanted to re-open discussions on this. This will perhaps give new ideas ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom