robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Jameson_UK.

I am not sure if you want items brought forward from the last thread so that they are not lost???

If you do, can I kick it off then with a re-request of the synchronised playing of music across multiple clients like this XBMC plugin: [RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized) - XBMC Community Forum

One implementation would be to start a client playing music as normal, and then have the option "link to client" in a menu in the music menu which when selected brings up a submenu listing the names of available "streaming" clients.

Thanks, and keep up the excellent work. 1.2 is a really nice step forwards in so many ways.

Thanks

Robbo100

P.S Please delete this post if you do not want repeats of previously requested features.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A little idea in the aftermath of the Play vs. Playlist mode change:

How about an option to select the position of the next enqueued / played song? Standard it could be "Now", Options would be "Next" and "End" (before scrobbled songs).

This could be even selectable within the GUI (aka End would be close to Party Mode).

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    A little idea in the aftermath of the Play vs. Playlist mode change:

How about an option to select the position of the next enqueued / played song? Standard it could be "Now", Options would be "Next" and "End" (before scrobbled songs).

This could be even selectable within the GUI (aka End would be close to Party Mode).

This can be done via context menu. there is a play next option which will play the selection after the next song. Selecting a track will add it to the end. My thought is that this is sufficient? you can achieve this but another option in config would be confusing?

meprivat

Portal Member
    March 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are my five cents for new ideas.

- I would like the possibility of a "Favourite albums" view. This would require to be able to flag albums as favourite.
    - And it would be even better if we would be able to add additional attributes which allow to filter on. E.g. My girlfriends albums vs. my albums

Thanks
    Chris

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This can be done via context menu. there is a play next option which will play the selection after the next song. Selecting a track will add it to the end. My thought is that this is sufficient? you can achieve this but another option in config would be confusing?

Hi. I know you can select this option, but this would change the play behaviour. The problem is, that I see at least 3 use cases for the play button (ehm, sorry 4 including the test/play workflow from the feedback thread):

1. Play this song (and optionally all following songs) NOW
    2. Finish the current song ( as I am a nice DJ ) and then play the selected song (usually just 1 song), this could be DJ Mode
    3. Enqueue this song to the end of my playlist (could stay in menu for me, others may disagree), this is advanced DJ Mode
    4. Play this song now, but add it to the end (or as next song) in the playlist (and let me undo). This is playlist builder mode.

So if I could select either my single prefered way of doing things in config, or if I could change them within MP (as I might use several of them) it would be perfect.

So you could have "Usage Profiles", which would set Play Mode vs. Playlist Mode, Add all and Add @ position First, Next, Last.

:D

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

the idea from iRobbo100 is very good

+1

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

I would love a possibility, to rate the Song in the Now Playing Screen and the Playlist Screen. Recently I can only rate a song in the Music-View. This not soo good.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I would love a possibility, to rate the Song in the Now Playing Screen and the Playlist Screen. Recently I can only rate a song in the Music-View. This not soo good.

In now playing you can do this with 1-5 on remote

DizzieNL

Portal Member
    June 1, 2008
    Hi Jameson_UK.

I am not sure if you want items brought forward from the last thread so that they are not lost???

If you do, can I kick it off then with a re-request of the synchronised playing of music across multiple clients like this XBMC plugin: [RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized) - XBMC Community Forum

One implementation would be to start a client playing music as normal, and then have the option "link to client" in a menu in the music menu which when selected brings up a submenu listing the names of available "streaming" clients.

Thanks, and keep up the excellent work. 1.2 is a really nice step forwards in so many ways.

Thanks

Robbo100

P.S Please delete this post if you do not want repeats of previously requested features.

+1 for this idea, would be great!

If possible it would be even better if it could be "platform independend" - e.g. that you could use your small internet-radio to tune into the stream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread