Identifying Movie Resolution (1 Viewer)

snowy2008

Portal Member
September 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It would be great if there was a way in Moving Pictures to identify (and filter by) the resolution of the movie.

I have a large collection of lo-res divx rips in one folder and a collection of 720p and 1080p mkv's in another folder - Both folders are indexed in MP but, of course, I have no way of telling if I am about to watch a blu-ray rip or a dvd-rip.

Is this planned in a future version or can anyone think of a way of doing it at the moment?

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey snowy2008,

I am not certain if filtering by resolution or any other mediainfo type will be available in .8; however, filtering and mediainfo support are both being added in .8.

-LRFalk01

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Filtering by Media info will be available in 0.8.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Filtering by Media info will be available in 0.8.

It's more a skinning question, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add an overlay over the coverart for different resolution movies? I think it would look cool if there's a blu-ray cover for high-res movies and dvd cover for low-res movies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    we haven't finalized all of the mediainfo fields, but you should be able to do what you're asking. We'll post details in the skinners guide as everything get's ironed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom