idle timer not reset on USB remote (1 Viewer)

bluenote

Portal Member
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide (stock)
Windows Version: Vista ultima
CPU Type: P4
Motherboard: D915GAV
Remote: Harmony Remote, on USB UIRT

Hey guys

I've searched all around on this, and it seems like most everyone has the opposite problem.
I'm a slight MP newb, so bare with me.

This seems to have gotten worse with RC1, but Im afraid that I'm not enough of an expert to know definitively
whether something changed in my configuration. I have tried toggling about everything I could find with regard to
S3/USB or idle/standy, and I haven't had any luck.

My PC hibernates and wakes up great. My main problem is that MP/windows does not recognize remote input as resetting the idle timer. So for example if I am paging through the menu's , after 10 minutes the screen blanks, and won't come back on until I move the mouse.

It also has some silly behaviour around, the MP idle/standby, where, after finishing watching a show, (I assume) whence MP has kept everything un-idle, within a few seconds of finishing the show, the screen blanks.

This is driving me nuts, can anyone help? I have tried MCE standby tool , registry settings, and as many configuration settings as I could find. This used to work passably in the latest stable version before RC1, but, I note, not perfectly. I'm very hesitant to say that this is a bug in MP, or even that the designed behaviour has changed because Im just not sure.

Thanks guys for any pointers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom