[ATI] If I buy a discreet video card will I have video sync issues? (1 Viewer)

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My PC is running on an ATI 4200 HD integrated graphics chip and integrated sound (optical out to my amp).

I am considering upgrading to an ATI 5670 to improve picture quality. However, I am unsure if moving to a discreet card will cause sync issues.

What do you think?

Thanks

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The integrated GPU is most likely already having a separate HW clock signal sources for audio and video parts so you are most likely already affected by the sync issues (juddering on some random intervals).

spiderwheels

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The integrated GPU is most likely already having a separate HW clock signal sources for audio and video parts so you are most likely already affected by the sync issues (juddering on some random intervals).

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the integrated GPU and sound card shared a clock. There is the occasional sync problem (but I don't notice it too much) so that is probably the cause.

Is there an element of luck in purchasing a GPU card that has a clock that is not at the extreme edge of tolerance?

:D

J

joostzilla

I use the 5670 card for video and integrated card for audio. Only with hd tv i have sync problems. SD tv and blueray are working perfectly.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I use the 5670 card for video and integrated card for audio. Only with hd tv i have sync problems. SD tv and blueray are working perfectly.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...renderer-better-video-playback-quality-84441/

Check with that how many corrections it will report - it will tell if the audio and video clocks are drifting and if there is stuttering with the normal components (stuttering is usually not visible since the dropped or repeated frames aren't happening on the smooth camera pans - this is why many people say that their systems are good when it comes to the stuttering while it is not the truth :)). Please note that the audio renderer is beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom