[other] If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

But I don't use this Plugin, because I don't need this. :sorry:
Hm? What do you mean? If the PowerScheduler++ plugin implements the functionality you need, you wouldn't need it anymore? ;)

What I meant is: PowerScheduler++ already has the functionality to prevent user induced shutdown. But there currently is no option to prevent it, when a recording is running for instance. (Or is there?)

I didn't know that PS++ could prevent user induced shutdown. Do you mind pointing me to how I enable this. Surely if it does this, it will do it when a recording is running as well though, so I don't understand why you say there's no option to prevent user induced shutdown when a recording is running.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

Hm? What do you mean? If the PowerScheduler++ plugin implements the functionality you need, you wouldn't need it anymore? ;)

What I meant is: PowerScheduler++ already has the functionality to prevent user induced shutdown. But there currently is no option to prevent it, when a recording is running for instance. (Or is there?)

I didn't know that PS++ could prevent user induced shutdown. Do you mind pointing me to how I enable this. Surely if it does this, it will do it when a recording is running as well though, so I don't understand why you say there's no option to prevent user induced shutdown when a recording is running.
    Configuration - MediaPortal Wiki

The options in question are
    • Prevent Power off while grabbing EPG
    • Prevent Power off while processes are running
    • Prevent Power off while shares are active
    • Prevent Power off during network activity

However, it seems that a true shutdown or restart cannot prevented this way, as mbuzina points out.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

I mean that I don't nead PowerScheduler beacause my ServerPc is always on. There is ther Program Ip-Symcon for the Home Automation the needed an always on Pc :) So I need only a Plugin or anything else that prevent an restart of the system when a recording is active. If this is possible I will try this Plugin and test it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, I knew PS++ could go to Away mode. Seems like those options should be re-labelled "Prevent Standby" rather than "Prevent Poweroff" then.

I have my power buttons set to "Do Nothing" so I don't have to worry about them, just have to avoid shutting down, etc via MP or Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom