IFC still working despite deleting process .dll (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,

I decided to install IFC on a machine running media portal 1.1.2 I installed the 2.0.2 version. While I gave it a try, I decided that I wanted to uninstall it. I first disabled the plug-ins, both windows and process. It was still streaching my 4:3 TV series to fill my 16:9 computer screen. I then used the Media Portal extension installer to uninstall. Still no change to my screen when playing 4:3 TV shows. I search on line and some one recommended to remove the process.dll. I tried this and still no return to 4:3.

I'm kind of stuck at this point. I reinstalled it thinking that maybe I could just turn it off as someone posted that it gets launched at startup, but I cannot figure out where this setting is.

Any help would be great. I'm considering re-installing MP, but would like to just uninstall if possible or at least stop it from changing the image ratios.

Forgot to mention that I am on windows 7 and this machine is a client. Just using the Blue skin and only have MP-TVSeries installed. All my media is stored over my LAN on a different machine.

Thanks
    Steve

Sarlan19

Portal Member
    January 18, 2011
    Repost here, but I tought it would be useful for Steve. Moderator, please delete this reply if it causes a problem

I had the same problem. I wanted to uninstall IFC for MePo 1.2B but i tought it continue working even after I deleted the two dlls (Mediaportal/plugins/process and Mediaportal/plugins/windows)

Well, it was uninstalled after all ! All you have to do is to change your default aspect ratio in configuration (under video). For whatever reason it was on stretch so 4:3 video would stretch but, of course, 16:9 would'nt.

Hope this help

Sarlan19

Btw sorry if my english is not perfect.... i'm french canadian. Salut !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom