Ignoring Global keymappings (1 Viewer)

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a plugin using an SMS Input Control to accept a full text string from the user, and I'm testing this using a keyboard (rather than the remote). I don't want to use a virtual keyboard, since (as far as I can see) they require a pop-up dialog to work properly.

Currently, the SMSInputControl works fine in the plugin, except that anything mapped to an Action (e.g. b=Stop, space=Pause) is interpreted as that Action as well as being added to my input string.

Is there anything to which I can map the keys so that these Actions are ignored? (I tried mapping them to id=-1 for my window, in keymap.xml, but they are now being ignored everywhere)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
SMS input is currently being worked on. Maybe you wanna contribute your sources? Might be worth us having a look at them...

No, there is no way to ignore the keys from a plugin. This might change towards MP 0.3.

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I haven't actually done anything to the SMSInput as yet, but the plugin is almost ready for a wider alpha test :)

In relation to keymap.xml - I understood that mappings would be specific to my window, but they seem to be affecting all windows e.g. even running a video n fullscreen the spacebar doesn't pause it any more. Is this expected behaviour?

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In relation to keymap.xml - I understood that mappings would be specific to my window, but they seem to be affecting all windows e.g. even running a video n fullscreen the spacebar doesn't pause it any more. Is this expected behaviour?

My bad (again) - I had invalid syntax in keymap.xml so no keymappings were being loaded.

Setting id=-1 seems to work fine for ignoring global mappings for a specific window, and they still work in other windows.

I suspect any invalid id would work. I guess this is a workaround, when appropriate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom