I'm being thick - Series Link :( (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I am running the latest version of MP - and it seems to run great :D

But I'm confused (doesn't take much)..... :O

I see there is 4TR (4 The Record) plugin, which is a rule based plugin for recording.

Is this already included in MP (running StreamedMP skin) ?

When I'm using MP, I go into the EPG, if I hit record it will record the current program/episode that I've highlighted. Is there a way of pressing record again (or something else), that will set MP to record the series of programs (like in MCE)?

I know I can go into advanced recording, and there are lots of options - but will this automatically find all occurences of the eposiodes (if they aren't on at the same time) - it seems a bit longwinded to have to go into advanced all the time.

Many thanks,

J.

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I see there is 4TR (4 The Record) plugin, which is a rule based plugin for recording.

Is this already included in MP (running StreamedMP skin) ?

No

Is there a way of pressing record again (or something else), that will set MP to record the series of programs (like in MCE)?

No

I know I can go into advanced recording, and there are lots of options - but will this automatically find all occurences of the eposiodes (if they aren't on at the same time)

Yes

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

So what benefit does 4TR give me over the internal scheduler/recorder?

The screeen shots of it in MP look just like MP blue?

It would be great if there could be a quick way of series recording - is this a feature of 4TR? (I'm off to check out their forum/site) :-D

Thanks,

J.

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've never used 4TR. But it does sound good. I've read it can be tricky to setup and I prefer a stable, relatively untouched, clean system. So far the built-in scheduler has suited my needs. But I would be interested to hear back from you if you do install 4TR to know how it went. If you have a positive experience I may give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom