Im confused

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by recoil, August 2, 2008.

1. recoil

recoil Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a HTPC which is a AMD semprom 2800+ according to system properties its running 1.60Ghz, 2GB ram,
    128MB video card. Windows XP latest updates incuding SP3, latest Media Portal, lastest drivers. Fine watching starndard def stuff, but high def stuff freezes and audio goes out of sync.

I also have a laptop which is a Intel 1.67Ghz according to system properties, 2GB ram. Running Vista Ultimate, and Media Center not MP. It plays everything fine, I have watched a HD film on the local drive with laptop connected to TV all was fine, after this I watched a different HD film that was streamed over my network all was fine again.

I tryed to watch the same film from the HTPC running XP and MP the film audio was out of sync

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha

Buddha Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    An AMD Sempron 2800+ and Intel Core 1.67 Ghz are not equally powerful, an Intel per-clock has much more performance than those AMDs, especially the budget ones. Don't stare yourself blind on mere Gigahertz's. Try upgrading your Sempron to at least a Athlon64 3200+, I have a 3800+ (2.4ghz) and playing 720p content is just smooth, but 1080p still poses some issues

4. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    1. Which codec? (In MP you select which codec to use for SD and HD - see config.)
    2. Try using a DXVA/DXVAII capable codec, like CyberLink etc.

5. recoil

recoil Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have installed ffdshow, and matroska as per the thread on here about running MKV files

6. Spragleknas
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Spragleknas Administrator

Occupied
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / 12
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    I don't think that a Sempron will do HD w/FFDShow (perhaps with CoreAVC?). I recommend that you try using a DXVA/DXVAII capable card and codec.

7. recoil

recoil Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive got two laptops so atm im trying out the other laptop if that works it will do till i can get new MOBO and intel chip

Thx for your advise thou guys

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!