IMBD Database Download issue (1 Viewer)

ink182

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,
First off, this is easily the best skin made so far, its eye appealing, clean, and very easy to use.

however im having a problem that hopefully someone can help me with,

when i download IMDB database information for a film on occasion film icons go transperant, program freezes and fails to respond. it doesnt do it everytime just 70% of the times i attempt to update a movie with IMDB info and film cover art.

heres a screenshot of what it looks like when this happens;

any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, i did try and search other peoples posts first but nothing like this seems to be occuring in other peoples lists of help requests

thanks again
Jason

frgo

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I have the same problem with other skins so I don't think it's an xface issue. So far no solution.

ink182

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
the issue doesnt happen to us on any other skin its strange. my flatmate is the one who does all this stuff but hes in hospital so im trying to figure it out lol...
im trying the moving pictures plugin thing and see if that has any difference.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i used to get that issue with a much older version of the skin, back then using a mouse to click the close button would work, and i'd change to blue2 to grab all my cover art.

moving pictures should work though, it's a bit newer than my videos and has more providers to grab cover art from, just beware that most of the work needs to be done via mediaportal configuration.

ink182

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
ok well, moving pictures doesnt have the imdb info problem. however, unless im mistake (which is most common) i can only use the generic skin that comes in moving pictures in combination with xface? is that correct?

if not how do i change it cause i dont like the default skin moving pictures has.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
if you don't like it, your best bet may be to look around other skins that have made their own moving pictures skin, (i know streamedMP and mediastream by pilehave aren't using default skin)

what is it you don't like about the default skin though?

ink182

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i think its the fan art that puts me off, the only view i can seem to get out of the generic skin is list view.

im not fond of the large portion of the screen dedicated to fanart and a small poster cover of the film in the bottom center.

when i look at the moving pictures thread there are thumbnails at the bottom which look very attactive but i dont know if thats a different skin to teh generic one or ive just mucked up somewhere in the install cause i cant get it looking like that at all. i prefer the small icon view so i can see 2 or 3 rows of movies at once.

link to moving picture thumbs im refering to:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ad-moving-pictures-public-beta-0-6-4-a-48802/

** EDIT ***

ok ive jsut found how to change views in moving pictures but still not to the quaility of the thumbs above

** EDIT x2 ***

k to make it alittle more specific,

this is what i want:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...c-beta-0-6-4-moving-pictures-small-thumbs.jpg

this is what ive got:
http://moving-pictures.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/Images/screens/largethumb.jpg

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
open up your mp config

click on

- General

go down to - Thumbnails

and move the slider up towards quality rather than speed ;)

ink182

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
the quality has def improved thanks :p

but it looks the same, is the skin itself different in the view that im wanting or is it an option in the generic skin.
the generic thumbnail skin has the movie poster in the bottom center with the movie data on either side. the one i like has the movie poster on the left with the movie data on the right. like this:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...c-beta-0-6-4-moving-pictures-small-thumbs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom