IMDB info for current playing movie?? (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I have a small question: When you watch live television, there is an option to show IMDB info for the current playing movie.. The problem is that there is never a result, and I have test it with a lot of movies.. Movies that are shown on the website of IMDB.

Did I have to change settings maybe?

Hope guys you can help me!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am not 100% sure but I think if you go into config app then into video section and then database there is an update grabber script button. Click that and I think it may solve IMDB for TV too

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your responce,

I have tried your solution but without luck. But, you are right, the tv plugin is using the grapper that is enabled in the video section. Because, when I set more grabbers in the configuration screen, he also checks that grabbers for movie information.. The only problem is that he find no any information! I have tried it with a couple of movies..

Any other suggestions?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What skin are you using? I really am talking from my distant memory here but I have a feeling it depends on the skin.
    Try with the default skin and see if that works

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just think of that if you want to see movie details from IMDB, MP somehow need to send some search string to find it so we can have few things to see what is wrong:

1. No search string sent to grabber (I think it should be gathered from EPG or something) or it sends garbage
    2. Method which starts grabber somehow fails
    3. Multiple results can be found so MP don't know in TV module how to resolve that

I'm just guessing because I don't have any TV card to test this. Can you post logs while starting IMDB TV function, maybe the answers are there.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have tried default skin, but with the samed result; "No IMDB information found" So it's not a skin related problem.. Strange.. I am using MP 1.2.0 beta, with streamedMP..

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just think of that if you want to see movie details from IMDB, MP somehow need to send some search string to find it so we can have few things to see what is wrong:

1. No search string sent to grabber (I think it should be gathered from EPG or something) or it sends garbage
    2. Method which starts grabber somehow fails
    3. Multiple results can be found so MP don't know in TV module how to resolve that

I'm just guessing because I don't have any TV card to test this. Can you post logs while starting IMDB TV function, maybe the answers are there.

Here is the log.. Maybe you can find samething!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I gues it's a problen with the grabber(s)

When I enable all grabbers, then he find some movie information. Only in a different language.. Are there working Dutch grabbers? Or eventually English?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom