IMDB Info (1 Viewer)

Teaboy

Portal Member
January 31, 2005
MediaPortal and the IMDB info thingie are both excellent (and it saves me having to get out of bed :p) but my girlfriend and I were wondering why the IMDB plugin downloads the 'actor info'. I can't figure out where it's used or how to access it, so it just seems like a waste of time and bandwidth. It seems as if it downloads the movie info in less than a second then takes 20-30 seconds to get the actor info. Is it possible to disable it?

Also - would it be possible to set MediaPortal to select the movie from the search results if it's an exact match?

My movies are all stored as "Title (year) CDX.avi" and often I'm shown 20 movies that are totally different from the filename and one that is exactly the same.

Thanks for reading :D

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you can see the actor information if you change the view to "Actors View". Hitting "info" (F3) on the actor will give you all informations like bio and movies. ;)

And, yes, the lookup could be improved. But this will take some time, until 0.2 is stabalized. Or if someone other than the main devs finds the time. :)

Flip

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well Flip,

From the looks of this post it appears someone has the developing muscle to help out with offloading some of the IMDB work. Maybe more developers should talk with jmpiulachs about his idea?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom