IMDB+ is missing some "basic" titles for me. (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    On a closer look at the log file you provided; a ton of errors show where it has trouble connecting to api.themoviedb.org and fanart.tv. I didn't even think that last one was a proper artwork scraper anymore, so you might want to look into that, as it adds delays to everything.

The fact you have all these connection errors makes me wonder if perhaps you have issues connecting to the IMDb website as well. That would prevent the IMDb+ scraper-script from getting the info it needs to find a match and would explain why you get no results found.

Will have to look at adding additional [Info] logging to IMDb+ to make that more obvious as the existing error does not really let you know why it failed.

dimaal

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Also might have to do the following in MP config:

Go to general and select debug under "log verbosity"

Tnx very match with the log tip, i seek this setting under MovPic settings.

Now i have it:

02-Jan-2013 01:27:43 Info [ MovieImporter]: Watcher queued The Kingdom(2007).avi for processing.
    02-Jan-2013 01:27:44 Debug [VideoFormatExtension]: Identifier: Path='D:\torrents\The Kingdom(2007).avi', Format='File', Hash='2c4bc7f9918c6233'
    02-Jan-2013 01:27:45 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Using Cached Version of URL: http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=The Kingdom (2007)
    02-Jan-2013 01:27:52 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='The Kingdom', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.4.6, Number of Results=99
    02-Jan-2013 01:27:52 Debug [ MovieSignature]: MATCHING: 'the kingdom' WITH: 'Operation: Kingdom' RESULT: TitleScore=8, YearScore=0, ImdbMatch=False, AlternateTitleUsed=False, AlternateTitle='', AutoApprove=False
    02-Jan-2013 01:27:52 Debug [ MovieSignature]: MATCHING: 'the kingdom' WITH: 'Kingdom' RESULT: TitleScore=4, YearScore=0, ImdbMatch=False, AlternateTitleUsed=False, AlternateTitle='', AutoApprove=False
    the first line of the MovieSignature entry is right, but the lookup goes father and find nothing.[DOUBLEPOST=1357087699][/DOUBLEPOST]
    PS: Check on the system in question if you can open: http://akas.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=The Kingdom (2007) in your browser manually. Perhaps you got some type of software running that blocks it (or router/firewall blocks it).

Yes, i can open it.

And tnx for the tip with the fanart scraper - i disable it. About the connection errors: i believe it's for some titles in russian and france. Actually i can connect from the browser with errorneus URL and become this response from api.themoviedb.org:

{"status_code":6,"status_message":"Invalid id - The pre-requisite id is invalid or not found"}

looks like MovPic can't handle it :(

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, geographic location is messing things up for us.

In your log file, I see IMDb website gives a result back for example of "Das Haus der Dämonen", but I never see those when I visit that akas link from US IP.

So it detects your German language based location and provides you with "German friendly" titles in return.

But this then makes it very hard (aka impossible) to do a proper automatch, because "The Kingdom" no longer matches correct.

I think this has to do with the way IMDb adjusts search results when (year) is used. I already had made changes to go about that in a different way, so let me see about pushing those out in an IMDb+ scraper-script update by themselves, so that I can get them out quicker and you can test.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    looks like MovPic can't handle it :(

That is probably for existing movies and might have bad data for that, so it keeps trying to obtain missing artwork but using the wrong info to obtain it.

I've released IMDb+ v4.4.7, so please give that a try.

dimaal

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Yeah! It works now with your change to alternate titles=yes. Must be approved then but doesn't mutter. Btw. in the drop down list of the possible matches i become the title without [IMDB+] suffix. Must be immediately repaired ;)

Here is the log in case you need it.

Thank you very much for your great work!

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah! It works now with your change to alternate titles=yes. Must be approved then but doesn't mutter. Btw. in the drop down list of the possible matches i become the title without [IMDB+] suffix. Must be immediately repaired ;)

That part is in Moving-Pictures control.

When only one scraper finds a result, no [...] is shown after the title.

It has been a suggestion of mine to always show the scraper-script name to avoid confusion, but it has not been picked up by developers.

So when you do not see [IMDb+] then it 'should' be IMDb+, unless some other scraper-script overtook primary scraper-script position. And that is the trouble, to find out what script is primary you have to click a bunch of buttons to get to that screen. Always showing the [scraper-script name] would make that easy.

Will bring it up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom