IMDb+ issues with missing summary/rating/etc. (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It was brought to my attention that imdb.com changed their website HTML code, which potentially breaks IMDb+.

Was never able to replicate it, until I started adding 0-byte test movies. Seems imdb.com is not using the new changes for every movie, and it even differs per GeoIP region. The results are that summary might be missing, ratings are not correct, or other data missing. Rottentomatoes also changed a few minor things, and still has that whole API limit mess going on.

By creating a 0-byte "In the heart of the Sea (2015).mkv" file I was able to reproduce the problem, and fixed a ton of regular expressions that IMDb+ relies on to get the right information.

The problem is that Google Code is now read-only, so I need to move the project over to GitHub, update the plugin to use new location to look for new scraper-script file, and then everybody would first need to update the IMDb+ plugin to get everything functional again.

I will do my best to find the time for this, hopefully this weekend, but things are still hectic for me.

It is possible to manually fix the `scripts` database entry, and I will otherwise provide instructions on how to do that if I am unable to get the plugin done this weekend.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    GitHub repository created @ https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus

Scraper-script updated, and adjusted the IMDb+ plugin to rely on GitHub now for updates.

Just need to compile it into an MPEI and release it, which hopefully I will get to later today. @ltfearme was kind enough to help me get the Transifex stuff fixed, so new translations will be included.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I only got as far as installing Visual Studio on my HTPC to keep IMDb+ separated from my workstation, but have not yet had a chance to add the GitHub project, compile the changes, and then publish a new release. Work is already interfering, but it is not as hectic as I expected it to be, so I might be able to do it before the weekend.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It has been so freaking long ago, and was forced to do a lot of manual steps, but I believe this will work.

https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/releases/tag/2.1.0

For now manually install the MPEI, and let me know if it works.

Launching MediaPortal should give the IMDb+ message that scraper-script updated to v4.9.53 as I am not sure if the plugin code will do it correct.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just fyi.
    The last couple of movies i imported had a rating of 0 (from imdb). I then saw the discussion here in the forum and updated IMDb+. After first install it also did an automatic update. However refreshing the movies did not help. So i dug a bit. Moving Pictures told me its using 4.9.52, the log file also told me its using 4.9.52 and that it did not find a newer version at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/master/Scraper/IMDb+.Scraper.SVN.xml even though that version is 4.9.61.
    So i looked into the db. In the scrips table i had both versions available but it seems the new one wasnt selected. So i had to go into the table source_info and find the entry that had the old script selected and change it to the new one.
    Not sure if its an issue that was unique to my system or if others may encounter the same thing though.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lightning303 it is a rare random situation indeed where Moving-Pictures gets confused and looses the disconnect. The problem is that it is so rare/random that I do not know what steps to take to reproduce it, which will make it impossible for @ltfearme to even attempt to fix the bug.

I think it happens when Moving-Pictures forcefully updates its internal "imdb (default)" scraper-script, and then IMDb+ is stuck on an old reference, but I am wildly speculating.

Glad you got it sorted out though.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My latest addition to Moving Pictures are:

Never Ending Story (1984)
    Deadpool (2016)

Never Ending Story is found, but the default provider isn't shown as IMDB+, there's no description. Deadpool shows NO results from IMDB+, only the IMDB, Fllmtipset.se and TheMovieDatabase.

Do I need to fall back to an older database (i.e. have I gotten the "rare" bug when Moving Pictures no longer tries to use the correct version of IMDB+?) I seem to get this quite often, and it's annoying to not understand why it happens.

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @emphatic, you did not provide me with much information to know what it could be. So it would be just a guessing game right now, and I do not want to waste my time guessing (or yours for that matter).

MovPic import tab details should show you if IMDb+ is still primary, and what version of IMDb+ is used. Verify that it matches with the latest official GitHub release @ https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/commits/master which tells you it is v4.9.66 released 19 days ago. If MovPic shows an older version then you got hit by the corruption in which it gets confused and uses an older version of IMDb+ even though the new one is installed in the SQL 'scripts' table. It is easy to manually fix that with an SQLite editor, or go back to a backup of an older dbase that was not corrupted.

If the version shows as v4.9.66 but it fails to import then perhaps Amazon/IMDb.com changed something again and I need to fix things. For that purpose I would need scraper-script debug logs as explained on the IMDb+ wiki.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, it was the bug in Moving Pictures again. Reverted to an older database and it's fine. I'm just gonna do that everytime from now on.

Emph

Posted from my portable device using Tapatalk

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Sorry, it was the bug in Moving Pictures again. Reverted to an older database and it's fine. I'm just gonna do that everytime from now on.

Yeah, that issue is a thorn in my side.

I'll try again to see if I can reproduce it consistently, because otherwise there is no sense in asking @ltfearme to look at the Moving-Pictures code to fix it without the ability to narrow down what might cause it, and especially a way to verify that the bug is verifiably fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom