imdb Movie Data scraper has stopped working correctly? (1 Viewer)

loinbread

Portal Member
June 26, 2009
Home Country
Can anyone else confirm whether or not the imdb movie data scraper plugin is no longer grabbing the data for the director, writer and actors of films? Or is it just me? Just added a whole bunch of new films to the database and they are lacking those fields, while all previously added films immediately possessed them upon adding them the first time.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Seems to be grabbing fine for me. What movies are you having problems with? Links to the IMDb page would be the most useful.

loinbread

Portal Member
June 26, 2009
Home Country
A whole bunch: Zathura, Fired Up, Lars and the Real Girl, You Kill Me, Dreamgirls, Hitch, Tenacious D, etc. Pretty much everytime I rescan a film's data or add a new film, it is missing those fields (director, actors, writer). It's really frustrating! Nothing else on my HTPC has changed at all. What a mystery, I need Scooby and the gang D:

NiteSite

Portal Member
June 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
I've had the same problem as of last night.

I deleted my database and rescanned my entire collection of 500 movie files. It found everything fine, apart from Director, Writer & Actor fields.

Any ideas?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
New script is attached. You can update to this version from the config screen. Goto Importer Settings, click "Movie Details Data Sources" And you should be able to add/update from the popup. I will also be releasing this packaged up in a new version most likely later today.

The new Moving Pictures 0.7.5 release includes the updated IMDb script as well. Feel free to use either method, both are equally effective.

Attachments

• IMDb.xml
    30.6 KB

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
Thanks fforde! I used this plugin for the first time yesterday and was wondering what was wrong. It's great to see how well supported it is. Thanks again for the quick fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom