[Approved] IMDB not Grabbing (1 Viewer)

tonyrums

October 7, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been reading the forums for a while now and still haven't found out why there is so much trouble grabbing the correct information from IMDB. For example... I have all of my DVD's in a folder where the files were named like: Airheads.ISO
the EN IMDB aka grabber can't find that movie for some reason... When I go to manually find it in MP, i have to search: Air Heads

Now I have no idea what methods are used in the scripts to find movies, but I thought I would make the suggestion anyway... In the URL for imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/ - after title/ there is a unique path to the corresponding movie... So for Airheads the URL is Airheads (1994) - IMDb

Can we get MP to support searching for the IMDB info based off of that string: tt0109068

I manually go to the IMDB site for each movie that I add to MP, and rename based on what they have entered in for the title.
Ironically, when MP goes to IMDB to find it by the title that i copied and pasted from the IMDB site, "No IMDB info found!"

Sorry if this has been addressed before,:oops: but I did do some searching (probably not enough) and I just recently discovered MP

Thanks!
:D

MediaPortal v1.1.1 + USB-UIRT + 4TB of DVD's

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    You are right and that's because of recent changes on IMDB. Please use new script (it's still in test stage but it should do a job, I didn't find any problem except now titles are -if exists on IMDB- in your language (not original title) as IMDB looks your IP and try to present title according from where you are.

Copy content from ZIP file into media portal config folder ie for Vista and WIN7:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo

** Updated script - direct movie hit check fix

tonyrums

October 7, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is that IMDB.cssscript newer than the one that is fetched when you click "update grabber scripts" in MP configuration??

Thanks!

Well, I noticed that it is pulling all of the information now, so I'm gonna say YES!!

Thanks Deda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom