IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, it's been on the ToDo list for like 3 years now to rewrite the installer, and also to auto-update the scraper-script during installation, but it was a hobby project that grew out of hand, and I just don't have the time available anymore as I used to when I created it.

One day though, one day :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @RoChess is this a problem with your scraper?

Summary text has been scraped incorrectly "... see full summary >>".

American Fable (2016) - IMDb

ge1in0hd.4jy.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi @RoChess is this a problem with your scraper?

Not exactly a problem, but yeah the Regular Expression requires updating to reflect new HTML code changes that IMDb made.

I hate these user contributed summaries though that do not include a proper short one.

If you had IMDb+ configured on long summaries it would have worked, but I will correct the RegExp to fix the crudely-made-short one, so you will end up with:

When 11-year-old Gitty discovers that her beloved father is hiding a wealthy man in her family's silo in order to save their struggling farm, she is forced to choose between saving the ...

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is this plugin still functional? On 2 pc's I'm not getting the description and the rating of the movie anymore.

If needed I will provide logs.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @CypherMK, yeah I'll fix it if I know the issue, so please provide detailed logs as per the wiki instructions, but obvious regular expression issues I might be able to detect manually, so let me try that first.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @CypherMK the raw regular expressions on IMDb.com for English language work fine for me on summary, so I'll need detailed logs from your system as to what IMDb+ settings you have configured that might conflict.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @CypherMK, only tested short summaries and ratings, but it appears the long summaries did indeed require an update, so v4.9.73 is available to fix that.

Let me know if it works, but probably still need logs from you as ratings are failing for you (are you configured to use RottenTomatoes perhaps?).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Seems RottenTomatoes changed a bunch of things after Fandango partnership.

Put in request for new API access, but this would be my personal key, and other users would need to apply for their own.

I might be able to work out some sort of proxy system, but I'm limited on time, and not sure if RT would accept that anyway. Will have to await their response first.

An alternative is to use the Open Movie DB information, as they offer RottenTomatoes critics score at least, but I offered a lot more with IMDb+ and wish to retain that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom