IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (3 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Of course multiple entries on the same movie, might not mean a corrupt database, but simply importer confused on your files. Did you verify the movie entries, perhaps one got imported on some extension that you forgot to exclude. There are multiple ways to exclude them, from the extension list, to the noise filter.

If I go into the Movie Manager in the backend of MovingPictures, the File(s) field contains the exact same files two times (as seen below).

expendables.jpg

The path to this movie is on my NAS: \\emphaticnas\Filmer\The Expendables 3 (2014)\The.Expendables.3.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4
    The other files in this folder are: The.Expendables.3.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.English.srt and The.Expendables.3.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.nfo

The .nfo file was created with MovPicNFO.

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is MovPic set to import on NFO? Maybe it imports both the MP4, and then imports it again via NFO, or NFO has both file entries.

Either way that is way outside of what IMDb+ controls, because it can only controls the following two:

<type>MovieDetailsFetcher|MovieCoverFetcher</type>

Which does not manage File(s).

A full MovPic log at high debug level might give you more insight though. If you can do a clean log the way I describe on IMDb+ wiki page then I'll gladly take a look if you clear everything else out and sent Expendables 3 back to the importer. After you first verify that you can reproduce the problem.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm just gonna do this first and see what happens:

Part one:
    1. Remove Expendables 3 from the database
    2. Move the nfo file out of the folder (it doesn't have any mentions of the .mp4 files btw)
    3. Run MovingPictures backend to see what it does

Part two:
    1. Remove Expendables 3 from the database
    2. Move the nfo file out of the folder (it doesn't have any mentions of the .mp4 files btw)
    3. Run MediaPortal to see what the frontend does

Part three and four, try part one and two with the nfo present

If that gives me different results, I can try the high debug route. I never had this issue before the frontend import of movies got introduced IIRC.
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, so much for that plan. Here's what happened:

1. I moved the Expendables 3 folder out of harms way
    2. I went into MovingPictures Movie Manager and chose to Delete and Ignore (is this what the Delete option in the frontend does?)
    3. Put the files back minus the .nfo file
    4. Ran the installer and only got IMDB results - that's right, I now had triggered this bug (does it maybe happen if you try to delete a movie entry where the files are moved/missing?)
    5. Reverted back to an IMDB+ compatible database and renamed the movie files to The.Expendables.3.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.mp4, The.Expendables.3.2014.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.srt
    6. Ran the importer, nothing but crickets

Edit: I copied the files instead of moved them and let the backend delete the movie including the files. But, as the movie had imported the .mp4 file twice, it now deleted the .mp4 file it could find, while simultaneously putting the other instance of it in the Ignored list! I'm trying to re-import the restored copies of the files now, but as it's on the ignored list, I'm not sure the IMDB+ scraper will be included anymore.

Edit 2: Yes, this killed the IMDB+ support for this database again.

At least that's something, if my theory holds water. I will try renaming the folder + deleting the logs to see if I can trigger the file multiplier bug again.
    Emph

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay, so reverting back to an older database where there are actual movies to import and I see IMDB+ is working correctly, I can then go to for example The Expendables 3 in the Movie Manager and use Send to importer. This way, I get the movie correctly imported with only the one file and the correct runtime.

I hope all of this is of use to you.
    Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I think you ran into a MovPic bug that relates to corrupted database entries. So, that would be something for @ltfearme and I can't blame him for ignoring the bug and suggesting to wipe database and start fresh :cool:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Had another corruption with IMDb+, so this time I tried an aggressive approach to clean up MovPic database as I had 100+ entries in it for IMDb+ in the `scripts` table.

Steps I took:
    1. Make backup of movingpictures.db3 file (always a good idea)
    2. Open Moving-Pictures configuration
    3. Switch to "Importer Settings" tab
    4. Ensure "Manually manage movie data sources" option is active
    5. Click on the "Movie Details Data Sources"
    6. Select IMDb+ from the list, and use the drop-down menu next to '-' to delete it
    7. Confirm the warning that you are sure
    8. Close Moving-Pictures configuration
    9. Launch MediaPortal GUI (and let it settle/run for just a minute)
    10. Open IMDb+ plugin
    11. Use left-menu (might be different on other skins) to use the "Force IMDb+" option
    12. Select the entry listed displaying how many movies can be forced
    13. Select "OK" to start the process (will take a bit depending on the amount of movies, speed of system, etc.)
    14. Confirmation dialog is given after process is done
    And this will give you a nice clean `scripts` table again within movingpictures.db3 (probably smart to make a fresh backup after you confirmed it is all working again).

Once I get back into the full swing, I will look at adding an option in the IMDb+ plugin to do this automatic like a `vacuum` option or something.

biship

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2008
    Once I get back into the full swing, I will look at adding an option in the IMDb+ plugin to do this automatic like a `vacuum` option or something.

Thank you - your work is appreciated.
    Any chance you can update mediainfo.dll?
    And allow us to set weightings for each ratings source?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @biship, yeah when I was actively updating IMDb+ MPE file, I would always include latest 32-bit MediaInfo DLL.

Just got side tracked on work and personal stuff these last 6 years, but slowly getting back at it. Hoping next weekend to get Visual Studio back installed on HTPC and be able to compile IMDb+ again. No promises though, as I have no idea what the week will bring yet.

Noticed that RottenTomatoes wasn't working on my own system anymore either, so will have to look into that, and see about weightings for rating sources when looking at that section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom