IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (5 Viewers)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Version 1.30. Not sure what you mean by the logs? Never done that before and using 1.30 for a long time now.

budinsky

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Looking at the logs

[MediaScanner] [ERROR] - Error processing media file
Seems Moving Pictures had an error reading one of your movies.

Open MediaPortal Configuration and in the General tab make sure your logs are set to Debug.

Update to MediaPortal 1.32, then update your plugins using the plugin manager.

I am not used to your setup, but I am sure it should work.
You have entries like: \\nas3\d\general\oscar\green book (2019)\bdmv\STREAM\00000.m2ts
My movies are more like: C:\Movies\Green Book 2019 tt6966692.mkv

IMDB+ does not find a movie unless it has the imdb number in the filename because it's not working for some reason.

I had issues with the scraper as well. I have attached my updated version. Select your entry, then click the drop down on the minus icon and select Delete Selected Datasource. Then the plus icon drop down and Add a new Datasource, then pick the xml I have attached.

Setup the Movie Details like this so that IMDB+ is first and when it fails themoviedb.org can find the movie.
Then use Movie Pictures Configuration to do a Refresh from IMDB+ to get the title rename.

After that, you can use the Movie Pictures Configuration to rename the file or in your case the folder so next time you do an import IMDB+ can find it. You would need to change the Directory rename pattern to:
${movie.title} ${movie.year} ${movie.imdb_id} ${moviepart}

MovieDetails.png

Attachments

• IMDb+.Scraper.SVNv2.xml
    101.4 KB
Last edited:

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks for your elaborate answer!
I have done the following: installed 1.32 x86, plugins were all at the latest version already. Running import in Moving Pictures: same thing. All movies being picked up by themoviedb.org and NOT IMDb+. I also tried your attached script: no change.
You wonder about the naming of my movies, but I use this naming convention for many years. The only thing I changed in the path is the driveletter. It was k: and now it is d: A month ago these movies were all picked up by IMDb+ as always. I only add an IMDb tt-number as a last resort. If IMDb+ is not able to find a movie at all.
I have 1.500+ movies and almost every movie is found by IMDb+.

budinsky

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for your elaborate answer!
I also enjoyed using IMDB+ until it stopped working and that's the workaround I came up with after a lot of testing.
You could also just let themovedb.org find the movie, then go to the IMDB+ plugin inside MediaPortal and let it take ownership of the movies found.
Then a refresh movie inside MediaPortal would fix the names and you would only need to do it to movies that are a collection.
I have done the following: installed 1.32 x86, plugins were all at the latest version already. Running import in Moving Pictures: same thing. All movies being picked up by themoviedb.org and NOT IMDb+. I also tried your attached script: no change.
I did find a problem with the dialog boxes in IMDB+ and did some tweaks to get it to work without crashing. I have attached the dll. Backup the current one and try using it. C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
I have 1.500+ movies and almost every movie is found by IMDb+.
Try to import the movies again and check the Debug logs and see if IMDB+ tries to import them.

Attachments

• IMDb+.zip
    112.2 KB

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have tried everything you said and read it over and over again, without succes. I let it rest for a while and almost got used to the scraper "themoviedb.org". Today I re-read your comments and one remark from you struck me:

IMDB+ does not find a movie unless it has the imdb number in the filename because it's not working for some reason.

Well, this never was the case, but I thought: what the heck? Just try it with a movie with and without the number:

1. Rocky Balboa tt0479143 (2006)
2. Rocky V (1990)

Guess what? Number 1 is being picked up by IMDB+ as it should and number 2 by themoviedb.org!!
So something has changed the past few months, because I never needed the IMDB-number in the filename. Also, versions of Moving Pictures and IMDB+ also haven't changed. Any ideas?
Now I need to add IMDB-numbers to 1.500+ movies! Not a small task, but if it makes IMDB+ working again, it's worth it...

budinsky

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
So something has changed the past few months, because I never needed the IMDB-number in the filename. Also, versions of Moving Pictures and IMDB+ also haven't changed. Any ideas?
Now I need to add IMDB-numbers to 1.500+ movies! Not a small task, but if it makes IMDB+ working again, it's worth it...
No need, I updated the IMDB+ Scraper to work with the movie name and year. The original version only worked on the movie name and as you know is currently broken due to IMBD website updates.

Attachments

• IMDb+.Scraper.SVNv2.xml
    101.7 KB
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom