Imdb Prefix (1 Viewer)

ozwombat

Portal Member
February 19, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
When i have imported my movies some of them have saved into the database with "IMDB" at the start of the title. Eg "IMDB - Wedding Crashers", is there a way to stop this.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    When i have imported my movies some of them have saved into the database with "IMDB" at the start of the title. Eg "IMDB - Wedding Crashers", is there a way to stop this.

A new version of MovingPictures will come out that has the new scraper included, but for the time being you have to manually update it.

You can decide to upgrade to the new default imdb.com scraper, which you can find at: Issue 1040 - IMDb v2.1.5

Or you can take this oppertunity to switch to the IMDb+ scraper that also contains this fix and offers more function, such as movie title grouping. Link with more info is below in my signature.

If you have never upgraded a scraper script before, obtain the XML file and then follow the instructions as per: Installation of scraper scripts in MovingPictures.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have noticed this prefix too last couple of days. I also have no star rating being pulled in.. Its still also driving me nuts how it won't grab a straight to video movie, even if I give it the tt.. Does your scraper script fix this straight to video issue as well?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have noticed this prefix too last couple of days. I also have no star rating being pulled in.. Its still also driving me nuts how it won't grab a straight to video movie, even if I give it the tt.. Does your scraper script fix this straight to video issue as well?

I use IMDb+ myself and almost daily throw different filenames at it to test and have yet to come across one that fails. If you however do have problems, then it helps me to have the actual filename. That would allow me to create a 0-byte file with that filename, and import it myself to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
    Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
    I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
    Replies
    Views
    Fresh install of MP with Moving Pictures and IMDB+ (newest versions) on a new Windows 10 machine. Started scraping part of my library. I'm used to a relatively smooth and fast process. But now it was EXTREMELY slow. Also many titles that always gets identified by IMDB+ now were not. Themoviedb.org instead provided details. At first...
    Fresh install of MP with Moving Pictures and IMDB+ (newest versions) on a new Windows 10 machine. Started scraping part of my...
    Fresh install of MP with Moving Pictures and IMDB+ (newest versions) on a new Windows 10 machine. Started scraping part of my...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields) so I have decided to have a go at creating an XML based on the XBMC Local xml. This has not been tested with multi languages and it has been configured for my personal collection. I'm hoping it will work...
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
    Hello all, Recently I have been having a few problems importing movies to Moving Pictures using the IMDB+ plugin (missing fields)...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom