IMDb Scraper for new layout (need testers) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb is upgrading their layout, which of course means the scraper will fail.

It hasn't updated for everybody, you can see how it looks like by changing 'www' into 'labs'.

Example: http://labs.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/

I've adjusted to scraper to still work for the old layout as well as the new layout, so that when IMDb finally updates their layout for everybody, you will be ready.

But I'm looking for users who are already experiencing problems because their IP-range has been selected for the new layout, then please help test the new IMDb scraper. So if http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/ looks the same for you as the LABS version above (in IE or FF), then please test the new scraper and report back any issues.

:D

Attachments

• IMDb v2.0.1.xml
      15.7 KB

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: IMDb Scraper for new layout (need testers)

Thanks for your new script, can't test it as im still on the old one.
    the "new" imdb really looks "bad". Imho the old one used to provide information much clearer.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this new scraper script also able to get the votes number?

Thx for your work! I agree that the older layout looked better..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks for your new script, can't test it as im still on the old one.
    the "new" imdb really looks "bad". Imho the old one used to provide information much clearer.

Yup, there are a lot of things I don't like about the new layout, but can't stop the Web 2.0 hype. They did add some very nice features, so not all is bad.

Is this new scraper script also able to get the votes number?
    Thx for your work! I agree that the older layout looked better..

Vote numbers always worked, and yes they work on this one as well. Did you had troubles before?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, no troubles! All worked fine! Just wondered if this version supports number of voters aswell. =)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Fixed my problem after site change. Also tested on some existing movies I had to ensure it didn't break anything and that well.

Cheers

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Fixed my problem after site change. Also tested on some existing movies I had to ensure it didn't break anything and that well.

Cheers

And you did find a new bug :cool:

I will release the fix for it soon for everybody else to use, but I wanted ltfearme to do some more testing first. That way I can make sure I did not introduce any new bugs, and also to prevent having to release countless updates.

The bug relates to some summaries not working, or showing weird text such as "Plot Overview" instead of the expected summary. So no need to report it, but please if anybody else finds any other weird behaviour let me know, so I can fix it all at once.

:D

osen

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    To start with, I have to thank you for all the hard work you put into this, it's really amazing :D

I noticed that all my recently added movies was lacking some information, most noticeably rating (they all had zero). I haven't visited IMDb for a long time so I didn't know that they changed layout. I previously had the IMDb Scraper 1.5.5. With this version I get ratings again :) And everything else seems to be working aswell. Great!

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi, using 1.6.1 to import tt1470023 didn't import the language, and the language was available as English | Russian.
    Importing tt1341167 failed to import certification (not available so don't worry), language (available as English), Tagline (not available so don't worry).

Thank you for the new script.
    Hope that helps.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi, using 1.6.1 to import tt1470023 didn't import the language, and the language was available as English | Russian.
    Importing tt1341167 failed to import certification (not available so don't worry), language (available as English), Tagline (not available so don't worry).

Thank you for the new script.
    Hope that helps.

Sorry, IMDb had updated their site again, I had already posted update at Google Code site:

Issue 897 - moving-pictures - IMDb Scraper v2.0.1 -- Fix for language on new layout - Project Hosting on Google Code

But forgot to update this thread, so I've updated first post as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom