IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 (1 Viewer)

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

• Yes, I do not want to re-import

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, keep this one seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, I got movies to watch

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vpupkin

Portal Pro
March 26, 2011
Not quite a bug, but some unintuitive rename here:

Dong kai ji (IMDb - Dong kai ji (1975))

is being picked as "7 Soldiers of Kung Fu" - which corresponds to "USA (dubbed version)", instead of more common name "All Men Are Brothers", of "Australia / Hong Kong (English title) / USA (imdb display title)".

Is this expected behavior? Not a big deal, as now I can add custom renames if necessary, but still...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Not quite a bug, but some unintuitive rename here:

Dong kai ji (IMDb - Dong kai ji (1975))

is being picked as "7 Soldiers of Kung Fu" - which corresponds to "USA (dubbed version)", instead of more common name "All Men Are Brothers", of "Australia / Hong Kong (English title) / USA (imdb display title)".

Is this expected behavior? Not a big deal, as now I can add custom renames if necessary, but still...

There is a lot of inconsistency at imdb.com on what the correct English title is, because they refer to it in many ways. But I'll work on an extra adjustment that will preference the "USA (imdb display title)" over anything else.

Don't forget to look at the new thread for the v3.2.x version as per my signature link. I'm working on a plugin as well to adjust all the options on the fly in realtime. Still dealing with a few small issues, but it is progressing.

vpupkin

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2011
    Eh, posted in the old thread - sorry (I'm using 3.2.3 already).

Awesome job RoChess, the scraper can be set up exactly the way I want it to behave - and with custom renames I can even easily group sequels / collections the way I see fit (a glaring omission in MovingPictures). Again, big thank you! :D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To solve the problem of having to re-import all your existing movies and loosing your watched status, you can open the scraper XML file in notepad and modify the scraper ID into <id>874902</id>. Just be aware then that you have to report any scraper import issues issues back to this thread and not bother the developers.

If were using follwit , can we just add scraper + reimport. What is the best way of re updating my movie collection to take advantage of this scraper?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ never mind, i see you got a fancy new MPIE version, that does everything for you. I didn't actually notice you had this, maybe you can add a note to your initial post.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    ^ never mind, i see you got a fancy new MPIE version, that does everything for you. I didn't actually notice you had this, maybe you can add a note to your initial post.

I had already adjusted first post to point to new thread and Google code location and removed the download/attachment of the old non-MPEI way.

Did I forget to remove a reference somewhere?

I just left the thread intact, incase somebody did a search inside MovPic thread on items discussed in here and not realizing there is a seperate IMDb+ plugin that can help them out. But you obviously were confused somewhere, so let me know what corrections you would prefer, so I can make it easier for the next person who runs into the same problem.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess I thought it was the latest version to download rather than a link to a new thread with a completely reworked MPEI package that did everything for you. Got caught up reading the relatively complicated installation method. Not sure if anything can be changed to help noobs like me :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I guess I thought it was the latest version to download rather than a link to a new thread with a completely reworked MPEI package that did everything for you. Got caught up reading the relatively complicated installation method. Not sure if anything can be changed to help noobs like me :D

No that makes sense. I'll edit the first post to just 'collapse' aka hide the post content, so all that a user normally sees is the link to new thread.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ good idea. rather than new version here. Maybe write scraper script no longer supported, Replaced with IMDB+ Scraper Plugin (for Moving Pictures). I think you need moving pictures in there, because when I first read the thread I thought it was IMDB scraper for My Videos.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom