imdb scrapper script - plot (1 Viewer)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Loving Moving Pictures, the only manual step I take is to change the plot scrapped from the 'full summary' page at imdb to the much shorter version shown on the main page of the film. I prefer the much shorter plot summaries from this page as the fuller ones can be either a) badly written b) spoiler-ish c) too much reading.

Is it possible to simply change the imdb scraper, if not now in the future? I've looked at the scrapper xml but the regex expressions are beyond my understanding. If somebody could post here a snippet of code to get the information I want for plot summary - I'd be very grateful! :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is untested, but you will need to change two parts of the script. The actual regex expression and the part that executes the regex (because the script as it is pulls the plot summary from a sub page and you want it from the main page). At the link below there are two bits of XML. The first is the updated regex code, and the second it the updated retrieval code. Replace both and you should be good. Also make sure you change the version number and release date at the top of the script or it will not load in unless you have the data provider manager in debug mode. Hope this makes sense.

Paste2: Next Generation Pastebin - Viewing Paste 110001

Also back up your script before you upgrade to future versions because if we (when we) make future versions of the script, if they are distributed in the DLL (which it is highly likely they will be) it will auto upgrade to the new version. If you don't want this to happen and you want to maintain things on your own, set the version to 4.0 or something.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Brilliant stuff, worked first time.

I've changed the name (slightly), the script id, the version number as well as the regex and retrieval code. Should this make the script immune from auto-update?

I added the script and placed it as number 1 priority, then disabled the default imdb.com grabber. If anybody wants the file I can upload it here.

Thanks for your help fforde :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Glad to help, and yes, changing the ID number should be all that is required to make it unique and immune from auto updates.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Here is the script.

You can put the file anywhere as when adding it to MovingPictures you choose the file to add using a file browser.

Attachments

• IMDbSmallPlot.xml
      30.6 KB

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This importer does not work any more!!?? It stopped working for a week ago (As far as i noticed) Moving Pictures is ouputting the following line:
    "Waiting for close match approvals" If i set it to the build in IMDB script, there is no problem...

It was a great plugin dough.. Very easy to take a short view of what the movie is about..

fo0d

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I have updated this and it seems to work fine.

Attachments

• IMDbSmallPlot.2.0.1.xml
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom