IMDb Scrapping Issues? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Reporting Scraper Issues
If you are having issues with IMDb scraping, please post details here. To properly debug issues I need:

1) The title of the movie you are having problems with.
2) The IMDb ID of the movie you are having problems with. This will be listed on the Movie Manager panel of the configuration screen. Please look here for the IMDb ID associated with the movie you are having trouble with, do not make any assumptions.
3) The specific field or fields you are having trouble with.
4) What you are getting, and what you expected.

Known Issues
  • Runtime seems to only be matching about 50% of the time.
  • Some TV Series are sometimes returned in search results.

Bingle

Portal Member
August 8, 2006
Hi,

This is a minor issue with the scraping, but on one title I seem to have gotten HTML mixed in with the plain text description of the movie.

1) Cite des Enfants Perdue, La (City of Lost Children)
2) tt0112682
3) Summary field
4) Result: Krank (<a href="/name/nm0256399/">Daniel Emilfork</a>), who cannot dream, kidnaps young children to steal their dreams. One (<a href="/name/nm0000579/">Ron Perlman</a>), a former whale hunter who is as strong as a horse, sets forth to search for Denree, his little brother who was kidnapped by Krank's men. Helped by young Miette (<a href="/name/nm0900136/">Judith Vittet</a>), he soon arrives in La Cite des Enfants Perdus (The City of Lost Children).

Expected result:
Krank (Daniel Emilfork), who cannot dream, kidnaps young children to steal their dreams. One (Ron Perlman), a former whale hunter who is as strong as a horse, sets forth to search for Denree, his little brother who was kidnapped by Krank's men. Helped by young Miette (Judith Vittet), he soon arrives in La Cite des Enfants Perdus (The City of Lost Children).

This may be the fault of the summary writer, who peppered the summary with links to the various actors' pages - still, I can't imagine that this is the only movie with that problem!

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Ok, whenever i scan for 300, the only option i get is "Hot Fuzz" :/ is there any way i can FORCE it to go to an IMDB code (tt0416449)?

lillis_55

Portal Member
November 20, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You can add the imdb number to an .nfo file, and put it in the same folder. Dont know if there's an eaiser way but it works =)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
In the GUI there is currently no way to search by IMDb ID, although that will be coming soon. You could do what lillis_55 suggested, however I was able to add 300 fine on my setup. You might have a problem with the search string. In the importer just click the movie and the click rescan with custom search string. Your filename is probably just not getting parsed correctly. As a side note if you post your filename, we will see if we can improve the scanner to pickup whatever formating it uses and is having trouble with.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
Thanks fforde. It was named "300.mkv"... now for some reason whatever i do it just adds it to the db as Hot Fuzz. I have tried numerous file names "300 (2006).mkv, The 300.mkv etc etc with no joy. Not a big problem, just a little irritating :) Also. the nfo names as imdb tt0416449.nfo didnt seem to work.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
Thanks Lillis.... that did the trick! For some reason it appears the NFO was showing the incorrect IMDB number... now its 100% :D

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I can't add the movie House of 9.

filename: House of 9.iso
imdb-name: House of 9
imdb-id: tt0395585

also, something else i noticed is, that when i make an imdb import via ant movie and compare this to the moving pcitures import, a lot more covers seem to be imported via ant. for instance, 10'000 B.C. imports no covers via moving pictures, while it works just fine via ant.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Yep, the posters importer still needs some work, this was mentioned in the post announcing the new release. We are working on improvements for the next release.

We will look at that movie you listed though, it should be matching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom