IMDb Scrapping Issues? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is because the IMDB script tried to pick the first plot summary of: Eagle Eye (2008) - Plot summary. For Eagle Eye there currently isn't any. Maybe we could improve the script to get the short plot summary on the homepage instead.

Actually I did that last night. Added logic to fall back to the short summary if a proper one is not available. See this post on how to load in a new script if you are unsure.

Attachments

• IMDb.xml
    30.6 KB

Domini0n

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
I had the problem where it would not find anything at all.
This new version does work, thanks a lot, not problems finding information this time. Only one movie didn't get any art, but that is not so bad 1 out 70 that doesn't get art. Can always manually add it. Thanks for the new version.

[EDIT]
The movie it did not find, is rather odd as the normal MP grabber did find it.
The IMDB ID number is: tt0482606
Filename: Strangers (2008).mkv

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
The Strangers pulls artwork fine for me. Maybe you accidentally have data pulled for a different movie of the same title?

Domini0n

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
For some reason it uses ID: tt0374247 while it needs take the ID I mentioned before.
Can I manually edit the ID it uses? Or do I need to do a rescan.

[EDIT]
Found the problem, the movie file name did not have The in it. When I renamed it to The Strangers it worked just fine.
Sorry!

wazzaby

February 2, 2009
IMDB Rating - no rating

Hi all,

I am using the X-face skin and just installed mediaportal using the latest version. Everything works great except for the star rating of IMDB. I am not getting any rating at all. Is this a common problem? And do you guys know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hi all,

I am using the X-face skin and just installed mediaportal using the latest version. Everything works great except for the star rating of IMDB. I am not getting any rating at all. Is this a common problem? And do you guys know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I have not used the X-Face skin in a while so I am not sure how well they support Moving Pictures. In general i would say no, i would not expect this type of behavior, but it could be a problem with the skin itself. You can verify that Moving Pictures is pulling the rating down in the config screen though. Open the config and goto the Movie Manager tab and look for the Score field on your movies. If this is blank it might indicate a problem with the scraper you are using to retrieve movie details. Are you using the IMDb script? If so what version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom