IMDB with AKA grabber bug in IMDB.csscript (1 Viewer)

andyking

September 22, 2008
Home Country
England England
I have noticed a bug when trying to grab movie info using the above script. The script doesn't render any popular titles found after a search e.g. if you search for Dexter (as in the series with Michael C Hall), then it only shows the exact match of "Dexter (2002)" and not the popular titles of ""Dexter" (2006) (TV series)" which is the one I want. This also occurs with quite a few others including "Red Dwarf", "Pushing Daisies" and so on and so forth.

I've installed the latest MP 1.0.2 to no avail. Does anyone have an updated IMDB.csscript which fixes this bug? If not, I will undertake this task myself as I am an experienced .net developer. I see it's using a HttpRequest grab and doing matching on the html returned to build up the result list. However, I dont have access to the source code so of course I cant test the IMDB.csscript without removing all MP references. Does anyone have a test program or is the Media Portal source code available? I know it's open source but I cant find it anywhere on the website.

Any help appreciated on this.

Cpajoe2001

November 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any luck on this? I noticed the same issue today searching for the movie The Man which returned no results and also trying to import BattleStar Galatica

andyking

September 22, 2008
Home Country
England England
Hi. Yes I have made progress. In the end i delved into the code myself as i got no help from the forum. Whoever wrote the script obviously just had it setup for films as there's code excluding anything ending in "(tv series)", "(VG") etc. I removed this code and it now lists all results so all my series work now. I can send you the updated script if u like but cant see anyway of sending you a file through here.

There are other bugs to fix like
1. it retrieves the quotes that imdb sometimes puts around a title
2. it doesn't always retrieve the full synopsis
3. only actor names are mostly retrieved and not the character they play.

I'll get round to sorting these out but at least now i get most of the info i need since i made the code change!

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    When you get the code into a state you are happy with, then you can post a patch (easily created with TortoiseSVN which I hope you used for getting the sources). Patches and some other file types can be attached to forum posts in advanced mode (click advanced, then click the "+" to attach file).

If you believe the code fix should be added to the official sources you can post the patch in the patches section of the forum.

:D

North82

Portal Member
    October 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Whats the status on this?

Im new to mediaportal, installed it for the first time today. When i use the EN: IMDB with AKA [IMDB] it doesnt find any of my titles. All the other grabbers work just fine, but none in english.

Could you guys show me where I can find a working english grabber?

Regards
    Lars

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Don't know if this belong here, but I don't get the IMDB rating into mymovies database data of each movie. I also would like all genres to be grabbed but I only get a few.

ltloopy

Portal Member
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    what version do you have, imdb recently changed a bunch of stuff on their site so i would sugest updating the the lastest build of mediaportal

Gradlock

Portal Member
    September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Just following up here to see if there has been any progress on this? I am still having problems with the grabber script having strange behavior such as when I search for Disney's Beauty and the Beast I only get two returns. If I select Refresh I get a ton of results. The covers it downloads are also limited and many time they are wrong. For Beauty and the Beast I could not get the Disney cover, only two covers for older ones showed a up.

For another movie, The Kingdom the only covers I got were for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull but at least the description was right. :p

For Blood: The Last Vampire I had to perform A LOT of manual searching before I got a hit. I tried Blood, Vampire, Blood The Last Vampire, etc, It wasn't until I wrote "blood" that I finally got the results.

I know this can be a problem with IMDB formatting but I only recently upgraded from 0.2.3.0 and it was working fine. I got results for all types of movies, even forgein ones with the correct cover and description in most cases. Maybe the script has been tweaked too much and maybe IMDB has changed something. One more thing is that before MP Config had about 3 or 4 grabbers to use and now it only has one.

I know this is a big gripe session from me :mad: but I hope it gets fixed in the latest release. Does anyone know if this has already been addressed in an SVN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom