iMon-LCD/VFD + Minidisplay-Plugin + Skin: X-Factor = no item in Basic Home Menu (1 Viewer)

red_zebra

Portal Pro
September 1, 2009
Leipzig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!

I use MediaPortal v1.0.2 with the X-Factor-Skin and an iMon LCD-Display with the Minidisplay-Plugin (Firmware: 0x380208 @ iMon v7.63.0831). The plugin works great, except of one remaining issue:

In the skin's Basic Home Menu the main menu items are not shown on the display (see attached screenshot: Fotos, Musik, Videos, Spiele, Standby) when I move the selection towards them. Instead, the sub-menu-items (for Videos-Menu: TV Serien, Filme, Online Videos, DVD, Musikvideos) are shown when I select them. So what do I have to configure in the MiniDisplay.xml (current version attached) to show also these 6 main menu items on my iMon-Display? I have also attached my Basic Home Menu Structure in my XFactor.xml. Thanks for any help!

MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: X-Factor
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD 4850e (2 x 2.5 GHz)
HDD: Samsung EcoGreen 1000GB
Memory: 3 x 1024MB DDR2-800 CL5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-UD2H
Video Card: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD2600XT 256MB GDDR3 (passiv)
Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst v9.8
Sound Card: Realtek ALC 889A HD Audio
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: Realtek HD Audio v5.10.00.5286
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC-MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: MPC Video Decoder
HTPC Case: Inter-Tech HTPC 2008-V
Cooling: 2 x Scythe S-Flex 12cm @ 800RPM
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Pure Power 350W
Remote: Logitech Harmony 555
TV: Samsung CRT (4:3)
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

Attachments

• basic home.jpg
    basic home.jpg
    101.8 KB
  • MiniDisplay.xml
    30.6 KB
  • XFactor.xml
    30.6 KB

red_zebra

Portal Pro
September 1, 2009
Leipzig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you for the hint, but unfortunately it was not that easy in X-Factor skin. But after a couple of trial and errors I found the relevant section in basichome.xml:

NOTE: The following guide is only for users of X-Factor-skin. Within the skin, it is for the "Vertical without RSS"-Layout - for the other skin-layouts it should be likely, but not exactly the same way to solve the problem.

First we have to discover the relevant section in basichome.xml. It is the <control>-section embedded between the Menu's Background Bottom image and the Menu's first Submenu item. Then we have to add the tags <label>, <textcolor> and <font> like it is in the Submenu's item sections. Because the text of the Menu item is already defined by another tag in the xml, we should make the text color transparent to avoid ugly overlayings (if annyone knows the hex-code for transparent text, please tell me - I didn't have the time for endless research). That's it - now the main menu item should be displayed on your external display and you do not have to change any visibility. Repeat these steps for all 6 menu items.

Red text is what we have to add:
Code:
<control>
<description>Menu 1 Submenu Background Bottom</description>
  <type>image</type>
  <id>77011</id>
  <posX>-4</posX>
  <posY>643</posY>
  <width>222</width>
  <height>22</height>
  <texture>menu_selected_bg_bottom.png</texture>
  <animation effect="fade" start="0" end ="100" time="250" acceleration="-0.4" reversible="false">visiblechange</animation>
  <visible>Control.HasFocus(77012)|Control.HasFocus(77013)</visible>
</control>			

<control>
  <description>Menu 1 Submenu</description>
  <type>button</type>
  <id>77012</id>
  <posX>-4</posX>
  <posY>585</posY>
  <width>214</width>
  <height>51</height>
[COLOR="Red"]  <label>Fotos</label>
  <textcolor>transparent</textcolor>
  <font>xfactorBC14</font>[/COLOR]
  <textureFocus>-</textureFocus>
  <textureNoFocus>-</textureNoFocus>
  <textalign>center</textalign>
  <hyperlink>2</hyperlink>
  <hover>-</hover>
  <onleft>77062</onleft>
  <onright>77022</onright>
  <onup>77013</onup>
  <ondown>77013</ondown>
  <animation effect="fade" start="0" end ="100" time="250" acceleration="-0.4" reversible="false">visiblechange</animation>
</control>

<control>
  <description>Menu 1 Submenu Button 0</description>
  <type>button</type>
  <id>77013</id>

@Moderators: I guess, this thread would fit better in the X-Factor skin's sub-forum...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

This will be added in the next version of the x-factor skin. Thanks for the solution;)

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom