imon remote issue (1 Viewer)

scotstrength

Portal Member
February 5, 2008
Prague
After several attempts over a 4 hour period i cannot for the life of me get the imon remote to work with media portal. I installed the mykeys plugin and followed the associated guides i found on the discussion boards but nothing. I have the imon vfd and depending on what key i press i will get a “no rc command” or it will tell me “keyboard esc” for example, but nothing actually happens in media portal. I have tried versions of imon (V.5 and V.6) uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin still nothing. I would try to map the keys but after reading around the forum i am no wiser as how to start this process.
Any help greatly appreciated before i through the remote out the window!

Regards

scotstrength

pStar

Portal Pro
August 12, 2005
hi, you probably already did this, but have you tried adding a new program profile for mediaportal and used the .imo file from here?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rt-53/imon-remotes-mapping-mediaportal-29442/

i've also got an imon vfd (included with my htpc case) and it works really well. i additionally deleted all other program profiles...
also try to put new batteries in the remote. i encountered some really strange behaviours with almost empty batteries.
regards

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
The only problem I have with my imon remote is that the buttons break down all the time. I think it sounds like your problem is not a mediaportal problem but an imod config problem, did you select the correct remote when it asks the first time the imon software runs (you are running th imon software i take it). maybe try a simple config, set some buttons to press letter keys and test it in notepad.

you don't need the my keys plugin for basic functions and although it provides useful functions it can interfere with on typing situations (normal MP keys stop so you can type a search for example but mykeys keys still apply). try without it to start with and put it on when it works basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom