Imon remote, Win 7 (64), MePo 1.2 Beta - What's the current recomendation? (1 Viewer)

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
June 14, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2 Beta (with Sky EPG hack)
Windows Version: Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit
Remote: Imon pad, as provided with Zalman HD160 Plus case

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my machine to Windows 7, and I'm now going about getting the remote to work.

Previously I had used the Imon software to send keystrokes to MePo (but this was a bit clunky), and ended up using disaster123's custom version of IRSS with my own changes to the mapping to have certain remote keys go directly to MovingPictures and My TV Series.

I've trawled though the forum trying to find the best setup to use for Win 7, and haven't found anything definitive, so thought I'd ask if anyone else is using an Imon remote with Win 7?

I see disaster123 has done a version of IRSS for Imon that supports MePo 1.2 beta- is this the best one to use?

As for drivers, when I last set up my remote I remember that the later version of the Imon software didn't work so well so it was recommended to use an older version - however all the links to the Soundgraph site don't work (as SoundGraph appear to have compeltely changed thier website!).

Assuming that I can get them, should I still use the old drivers? Or am I better off using the latest Imon software for Win 7 (which looks like it has more bloat than it did before)?

Is disaster's version of IRSS still the best way of doing things for Imon remotes?

Any thoughts, suggestions, tips, pointers welcome!

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
I'm good for nothing here, but i want to follow the responses. I used to have my Logitech Harmony 885 (i think that's the model number) working with MP as a replacement for the iMon remote, but that's a while ago now, don't even remember what setup i used. Only thing i know for sure is that i used the ShortCutter plugin for e few functions. Sorry if i got your hopes up with my response, but i'm simply on a mission to make iMon control MP as it should.

Btw, one thing i remember in my case last time, is that it didn't matter which version i used, but i reckon some other users had problems. Anyway, the drivers are now located in their own forum. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom