iMON replacement drivers wanted! (1 Viewer)

Theodor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2005
    Løten
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have a Zalman HD 160XT Plus case. The touchscreen, remote control IR receiver and the volume knob is managed by a solution from iMON. When enabling iMON I'm not able to use my Logitech Harmony 885 remote (MCE) and Microsoft MCE keyboard, even if the MCE IR receiver (that I want to remove) is attached or not...

Is it a way that I can load the touchscreen functions, in-case remote control IR receiver and the volume knob driver without starting the iMON software? Or is it a way to disable the iMON IR driver?

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi - did you ever find an answer to this? I am looking to do exactly the same thing, i.e. just run the touchscreen software and the IR element, without the Soundgraph software application.

If you did hear anything, please do post it here.

:D

Pirax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This thread is already pretty old but I am using IMON and the Logitech Harmony... If anyone needs help, just tell me... You get most of the buttons by configuring a new PC Device in the Harmony webapp.

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi Pirax - yes please!!!

I am running the iMon software for the LCD touchscreen on my Zalaman HD160XT Plus, and using Cybermage's touchscreen plugin, on RC3 - all seems to be working well.

I have today bought a Logitech Harmony 525, and am thinking about how I can get the remote working again, so any step-by-step suggestions you might have would be great!

Many thanks in advance, :D

Pirax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, i have to install the logitech software again first.. i´ll do it sometime this weekend when im back home. I guess so 525 is similar to the 885 to configure.

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Perhaps I can offer you an alternative...

Have a look here: D-HD160XT-C:Home - danielrolf.com.

This engineer (Daniel) made a small app that replaces IMON and IRTrans completely.

I have been using it with my Zalman HD160XT remote for almost a year now and am 100% satisfied with it.

It is 100% compatible with MediaPortal and has some other nice features too: e.g. it controls your fans with the help of fanspeed.
    Even when watching 1080p movies on my Full HD, I can't hear my machine running ... it keeps the fans between 10-20% without the risk of overheating since it monitors continuously the statistics on CPU/HD/Video.

He also provides an 'IrTrans hd160xt.xml' that you have to put in your InputDeviceMappings folder (in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ (in XP)) and is already fully mapped with the MediaPortal options and it works out-of-the-box.

Theodor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2005
    Løten
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi - did you ever find an answer to this? I am looking to do exactly the same thing, i.e. just run the touchscreen software and the IR element, without the Soundgraph software application.

If you did hear anything, please do post it here.

:D

Hi!

I ended up with disabling the IR in the case and using the Microsoft USB IR reciever. When using the Harmony 885 remote as an Microsoft IR, it's working ok... Just with small problems when turning off the TV and not the touch screen. Monitor autodetection is not good :)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Even though i'm not even close to finished, i might got a tip (works for me :)

I transfered all the buttons from the iMON, but when it came to the volume settings, mute, on/off for receiver and TV, i just transfered them from the tv and receiver remote to my 885. For on/off settings, i created new functions as extra buttons (In the tiny LCD on my 885) so i can individually turn on/off receiver, TV and htpc ;)

Pirax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    download and use the .imo file from this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/imon-pad-remote-configuration-2299/index2.html

Select keyboard use on default for the Pad on the Imon Remote.

All the buttons of the IMON Pad should work properly with Mediaportal then....

After that add a new device in the Harmony configuration tool.
    I think i found the IMON Pad under PC Devices....
    Then you just have to map a few more buttons from the original Remote.

Add an new activity for watching TV. There you can specify that the Harmony controls the volume through the amp.

I also added a button in the Harmony Display for switching to mouse and keyboard and left and right click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom