IMon / Shortcut'er Config Problem (1 Viewer)

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TV-Server Version: as supplied with 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: AMD 4850e, 2ghz Core 2 duo
    HDD: 1Tb Western Digital greenpower
    Memory: 2*2Gb DDR2 667Mhz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GPM-D2SH
    Video Card: Radeon HD3200 built in
    Video Card Driver: Ati Catalyst 9.4
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppage WinTV-HVR3000
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S (in use) DVB-T & analog not in use
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freesat
    HTPC Case: Silverstone
    Cooling: Passive silverstone on CPU, single case fan
    Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts
    Remote: imon pad
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Finally my Imon pad is working - almost perfectly.

Unfortunately the play & stop buttons do not work - I know, I can press p on the keyboard and hey presto something plays and similary b makes it stop.

I can see that I have Imon configured to pass p and b on press of the play and stop buttons but they do nothing - I can also see that shortcutter uses "skin-ids" which I presume map a code to an action.

Can anyone tell me how to send the keypresses for play and stop to mediaportal from my imon pad please.

Thanks

Tropics

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    afaik you don't need shortcutter for play and pause to work correctly. you might want to make sure the two boxes (ctrl modifier and shift modifier) are activated in shortcutter settings so it doesn't get in the way with the usual controls. that means that by pressing ctrl-shift-h you will always jump to the main menu.

my imon is configured to map play=p, pause=spacebar and stop=b. when correctly connected to mediaportal using the imon manager -> settings -> program command menu, that works right out of the box.

if it does not work, you might want to have a look at the general keyboard settings in mediaportal configuration. mine were screwed up after updating to 1.0.2.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Agree with the above comment about shortcut'r . Its a red-herring.

Just use imon software and map the buttons to MP's default keys. (as described above)

have attached my .imo file. It works pretty well for me... (MP 1.01)

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      30.6 KB

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info - will try it out later (plumbing has burst so I'm staying out the way & not allowed near htpc otherwise it will look like I'm not heling;-)

thebalance

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 11, 2008
    Home Country
    tropic - much appreciated - I hadn't spotted the settings in MP so that has helped confirm what should do what and everything looks fine (I did a fresh install to 1.0.2 so no issues there).

etheesdad, you are a hero - I used your imo files which was obviously much better than the one I already had - some functions I cannot figure out still but now I have control & my remaining issues are trivial really as use is much more practical now.

I had to redefine My Videos, My.... to use the shortcutter options because neither the ones in my original file or your worked (although I'm sure 2 days ago mine did).

I also find that fast forward, rewind, next and previous do nothing - they are defined consistently between each imo and seem to match what is set in general settings - I thought I had figured out how to implement in shortcutt'r but that does not seem to be able to cope with the F keys or multiple key presses. Actually my biggest annoyance is that pressing the right mouse button when watching a video brings up a useful menu that I cannot replicate (F9 - the key works but the imon issuing of that command doesn't).

For completeness I've attached my imo as it stands - I think it could do with so changes still but as I can do all the things I really need I might just get lazy & do nothing.

Tropics

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i remember i had the same problem (or at least similar). i had to change both the imon settings and the mp keyboard setup to get the program to react the way i want. i mapped rewind, forward, previous and fast forward to F5-F8, and channel up/down to pageup/pagedown. then i only had to change the keyboard settings for fullscreen tv to react to pageup/pagedown. at least that is how i remember it, should have written it down. if someday i have to reinstall mp i will have to find it out again ;)

the shortcut'r plugin worked right out of the box for me. i just had to enable the ctrl and shift modifier boxes, and in imon manager map the app button to ctrl-shift-h, for example. now everytime i press that i always jump to the main menu.

you might also want to read this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom