Imorter misses movie, finds it after reboot (1 Viewer)

Moelito

Portal Member
September 17, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi
I have a strange issue with the importer. For most of the time, everything works as it should. But sometimes the importer fails to find new movies in the watched folders. Sometimes it's found after a -long- time. I mean more than 10 minutes, otherwise never.
But if I reboot the computer it finds the movie every time. Just killing all mp-related tasks that I know of doesn't help.

I don't have any logs for the moment, but when it happens again I can grab one.

Does anyone have similar issues? It's rather annoying:)

//Moelito

EDIt: using Win7 ultimate, MP 1.1.0 final, Moving Pictures 1.0.6.1116

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Probably something is maintaining a lock on a file in the directory, I could be wrong here, but I suspect this is the problem. Say you are copying a new movie into your watch folder:

Code:
In the Mouth of Madness\mouth-of-madness-part1.avi
In the Mouth of Madness\mouth-of-madness-part2.avi

Moving Pictures will not start importing any files from this folder until the file system lock on all of these files has been released. In most cases this means it will not start importing until you are done copying files into the folder, because while a file is being copied the OS locks that file. The purpose of this is to make sure that if there are any multi-part movies in the folder, they get detected properly. This also ensures that a file has been completely copied over before a file hash is calculated (this is needed for detecting when a movie has been moved while Moving Pictures is offline).

What you are seeing probably is not from the lock by the Copy Files dialog though. Anything that is reading the file could cause a lock.

Yggdrasil87

December 19, 2009
I'm also having the same problem. From log:

07-Sep-2010 04:23:32 Info [ MovieImporter]: DELAYED: File='Movie.avi', Reason='File is locked'

Repeats over and over again. Movies are only found when: Mediaportal is restarted, plugin is loaded from config, or files are cut and pasted back into the directory. It may be a problem with a third-party program SABNZBD+ not releasing the files after moving them to the target destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom