Import 4theRecord Recordings into Standard TV Server (1 Viewer)

rich110

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta (Latest SVN)
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Vista SP2 32bit
CPU Type: Intel Core Duo Quad
HDD: Samsung 300GB
Memory: 4GB Giel
Motherboard: Gigabute P43-DS3
Video Card: Asus 9500GT 1GB
Video Card Driver: nVidia v185
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X
Sound Card AC3: SPDIF Optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Haupaugge NOVA-S Plus
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: TechnoTrend S2-3200 + CI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: v5.0.0.18
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MPC-HC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: NZ Freeview; Optus C1 (156)
HTPC Case: Silverstone L03-VFD
Cooling: Zalman
Power Supply: Ion 2+
Remote: Logitech 880
TV: Sony 66cm CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA -> RGBVH

I have recently gone from an MP setup using 4theRecord, back to a stock-standard MP install (using latest v1.1 Beta + SVN). But... none of my 4theRecord recordings are recognised by TV Server.

Has anyone worked out a way to import old 4TR recordingsinto a vanilla TV Server? I've tried renaming the files (recordings, XML files, thumbs) using the standard TV Server format, but no luck.

Cheers, Rich

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Has anyone worked out a way to import old 4TR recordingsinto a vanilla TV Server? I've tried renaming the files (recordings, XML files, thumbs) using the standard TV Server format, but no luck.

setuptv.exe has an import function in some place (sorry, cannot remember the exact place). It should be able to import those recordings if the xml files are vald (and named exactly as the .ts files are).

rich110

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thanks tourettes, but that was what I was trying and it didn't work. I quickly compared the XML files of 4TR and TV Server and they looked the same (but I may be wrong). The filenames of all the the TS anbd XML files are identical too.

Thanks again, Rich

MrHenke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I also used ForTheRecord with my old installation. Installed 1.1.0 RC1 the other day and wanted to import my old TV-recordings without installing FTR (I probably install FTR some day but for now I just want to test and make sure everything works).

So I created a small program (with AutoHotKey) that you place in the root-folder of your TV-recordings, and when you run the program it checks for files with a .ts extension. If no .xml-file with the same name is found the program creates a new one with the filename as programname. I also discoverd that the Swedish letters ÅÄÖ can´t be used in the xml-file so the program also convert these to valid (A and O) xml.

I have not yet run the program on my installation yet but I will do so soon. If it works I can send it to anyone who wants to try it or post it here if someone finds it useful.

/Henke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom