Import channel list from Mediaportal into TVserver (1 Viewer)

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've been working with TV server and Mediaportal for some time, but only today I was able to test my Analog tuner card (Hauppauge PVR 500 Dual tuner). I noticed that in TV server the channels are not recognized correctly. If I choose Cable or Antenna the signal is noisy. With Cable I get a lot of duplicates and with Antenna I get fair quality but just not what you would expect.

In Mediaportal itself however, the tuner has a preset list for a lot of countries and for the Netherlands it even had a frequency table for my town(all towns in the Netherlands actually), which was great. The signal was top notch after I used that list to set my channels. The names were also correct. In TV server it picks the channel text they transmit, and usually you get the program name instead of the channel name. For the duplicates I got weird characters in the strings.

I've done some searching but couldn't really find the location where the frequencies for the Netherlands were stored. Also exporting the channel list in Mediaportal gives a different result than in TV server, so you can't easily import the channel list because the XML is different. Manually adding the channels is too much of a hassle in TV server, so I'm going to wait a bit before I do that.

I'd really love so see an import/export feature or just add the tuning menu from Mediaportal to TV server.

Melvis

May 13, 2008
I can only add that even though this thread is started a long time ago, it's still a problem i TV server RC1, and urgently needs to be fixed.
The whole point in TV-server, if i'm not mistaken - is to show TV channels ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom