Import moving pictures DB

Discussion in 'My Films' started by matejdro, March 5, 2011.

1. matejdro

matejdro Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Home Country:
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Show System Specs
    Is there any way to import moving pictures database into myfilms?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Guzzi
    • Premium Supporter

Guzzi Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0
    AW: Import moving pictures DB

Hi matejdro,
    no, there is no way to automatically import movie data from moving pictures. I plan to add nfo reader support into a future MyFilms version - so you could use the 3rd party software from the forum to export infos as nfo-files and then import this data - but that doesn't help you now. So currently you have no other way than scanning your movies and importing infos with AMCupdater or ANT Movie Catalog...

4. matejdro

matejdro Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Home Country:
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks. I hope that nfo thing will be supported soon. Moving Pictures importer works way better than AMCupdater. While Moving Pictures detected most of my movies, AMCUpdater only properly detected 2 or 3.

Now i would like to test out MyFilms because it also have ability to store my DVD collection. But i don't want to reimport all of the movies if i have to select one manually each time.

5. superted125

superted125 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    This is the trouble i am having. I really want to make the shift to an ANT database from MovingPictures, so that i can use MyFilms (as my collection is now > 1000 movies) but I can't work out how someone is supposed to import such a large amount of files in a relatively painfree manner...

My movies are structured as %title (year)/%title (year).ext

Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows how to import movies in bulk that might be suitable? I tried AMCupdater but it seemed as though i had to intervene at some point for each movie? I'm sure im doing something wrong but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Cheers

6. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I would also appreciate a nfo importer and (if there is a possibility for this) an exporter.

I've often the situation that I take tv recordings to my parents home. When I do this it would be cool to have the nfo included with this transport so that they only have to import the data and don't have to confirm.

Perhaps it would be even enough to only save the imdb number in the nfo file so that the importer finds the movie without confirmation.

7. z3us
    • Team MediaPortal

z3us Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Why dont you take the xml catalog with the recordings?

8. hafblade

hafblade Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +146 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Because I don't want to transport my whole database but only 1 or 2 movies.

Let's say I've got 1000 movies and I'm recording some movies every day.
    Let us say now my import runs in the night and creates new entries for these movies and also creates nfo files in the specific movie folders.
    Now I see that I recorded one movie which a friend also wants to have.

Now I would copy the folder of the movie including its nfo file to an usb device and take it to the friend who also uses myfilms.

He puts it in his movie folder and starts import from within MediaPortal. BAMM... He has the movie in his database without interaction. It would be even a little bit cooler if MyFilms would also export pictures or something on request but that another point.

If I would take my whole MyFilms database with me the friend would have to:
    1) put the movie file in the same place like I do (on the same hdd path)
    2) he would have to extract the data from the xml file and put it into his xml file

With a nfo export we would have the possibility to transport parts of our data around and there would be the possibility to transport it to a friend who uses movingpictures. Wouldn't this be cool?

I often transport recorded data from tv and the friend has always to import it and acknowledge the data etc.

Oh and there are 3 (in future possilby more) people using MediaPortal in my group of friends.

9. jona78

jona78 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Re: My Films 5.1 released (19.09.2011) - V5.1.0.1468 (MP 1.2.0)

Hi all

Please could somebody tell me whether it is possible to import my Moving Pictures database in to the my films plugin? I have spent an eternity constructing mine and do not want to go through the same pain again unless I REALLY HAVE NO CHOICE!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

10. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Hi jona78 - I moved your post to this thread, where others had already asked the same question.

There is a possibility to convert Moving Pictures DB to a My Films/AMC catalog - see My Films Wiki FAQ entry Moving Pictures Conversion

BUT - the MovingPicturesXML catalog type is not enabled in v5.1 - it will be in v5.2. AFAIK the MovingPicturesXML process plugin is still working. Once Guzzi posts a test release for 5.2 in a week or so, perhaps you guys would be willing to test it out and see if it works for you?

matejdro - if you are looking at a DVD collection - you might be interested in DVD Profiler, XMM or one of the other catalog apps that let you scan/enter bar codes to get exact movie info for the specific DVD you have. Of course, the advantage of AMC catalog is the ability to import and update via My Films.

I am more concerned that you are having trouble matching films using AMC Updater. You shouldn't be. Could you please post your MyFilmsAMCupdater.log after you try to import your movies so Guzzi can figure out what the problem is? Thanks.

EDIT: Of course there is always the option of using the import features in AMC or other catalogs. Most have quite extensive import capabilities.

• Like Like x 1
  11. z3us
    • Team MediaPortal

z3us Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    And that is currently being developed and you can ask for new features :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!