Import moving pictures DB (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Is there any way to import moving pictures database into myfilms?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Import moving pictures DB

Is there any way to import moving pictures database into myfilms?
    Hi matejdro,
    no, there is no way to automatically import movie data from moving pictures. I plan to add nfo reader support into a future MyFilms version - so you could use the 3rd party software from the forum to export infos as nfo-files and then import this data - but that doesn't help you now. So currently you have no other way than scanning your movies and importing infos with AMCupdater or ANT Movie Catalog...

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thanks. I hope that nfo thing will be supported soon. Moving Pictures importer works way better than AMCupdater. While Moving Pictures detected most of my movies, AMCUpdater only properly detected 2 or 3.

Now i would like to test out MyFilms because it also have ability to store my DVD collection. But i don't want to reimport all of the movies if i have to select one manually each time.

superted125

Portal Member
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    This is the trouble i am having. I really want to make the shift to an ANT database from MovingPictures, so that i can use MyFilms (as my collection is now > 1000 movies) but I can't work out how someone is supposed to import such a large amount of files in a relatively painfree manner...

My movies are structured as %title (year)/%title (year).ext

Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows how to import movies in bulk that might be suitable? I tried AMCupdater but it seemed as though i had to intervene at some point for each movie? I'm sure im doing something wrong but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Cheers

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would also appreciate a nfo importer and (if there is a possibility for this) an exporter.

I've often the situation that I take tv recordings to my parents home. When I do this it would be cool to have the nfo included with this transport so that they only have to import the data and don't have to confirm.

Perhaps it would be even enough to only save the imdb number in the nfo file so that the importer finds the movie without confirmation.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I would also appreciate a nfo importer and (if there is a possibility for this) an exporter.

I've often the situation that I take tv recordings to my parents home. When I do this it would be cool to have the nfo included with this transport so that they only have to import the data and don't have to confirm.

Perhaps it would be even enough to only save the imdb number in the nfo file so that the importer finds the movie without confirmation.

Why dont you take the xml catalog with the recordings?

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Because I don't want to transport my whole database but only 1 or 2 movies.

Let's say I've got 1000 movies and I'm recording some movies every day.
    Let us say now my import runs in the night and creates new entries for these movies and also creates nfo files in the specific movie folders.
    Now I see that I recorded one movie which a friend also wants to have.

Now I would copy the folder of the movie including its nfo file to an usb device and take it to the friend who also uses myfilms.

He puts it in his movie folder and starts import from within MediaPortal. BAMM... He has the movie in his database without interaction. It would be even a little bit cooler if MyFilms would also export pictures or something on request but that another point.

If I would take my whole MyFilms database with me the friend would have to:
    1) put the movie file in the same place like I do (on the same hdd path)
    2) he would have to extract the data from the xml file and put it into his xml file

With a nfo export we would have the possibility to transport parts of our data around and there would be the possibility to transport it to a friend who uses movingpictures. Wouldn't this be cool?

I often transport recorded data from tv and the friend has always to import it and acknowledge the data etc.

Oh and there are 3 (in future possilby more) people using MediaPortal in my group of friends.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: My Films 5.1 released (19.09.2011) - V5.1.0.1468 (MP 1.2.0)

Hi all

Please could somebody tell me whether it is possible to import my Moving Pictures database in to the my films plugin? I have spent an eternity constructing mine and do not want to go through the same pain again unless I REALLY HAVE NO CHOICE!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi jona78 - I moved your post to this thread, where others had already asked the same question.

There is a possibility to convert Moving Pictures DB to a My Films/AMC catalog - see My Films Wiki FAQ entry Moving Pictures Conversion

BUT - the MovingPicturesXML catalog type is not enabled in v5.1 - it will be in v5.2. AFAIK the MovingPicturesXML process plugin is still working. Once Guzzi posts a test release for 5.2 in a week or so, perhaps you guys would be willing to test it out and see if it works for you?

matejdro - if you are looking at a DVD collection - you might be interested in DVD Profiler, XMM or one of the other catalog apps that let you scan/enter bar codes to get exact movie info for the specific DVD you have. Of course, the advantage of AMC catalog is the ability to import and update via My Films.

I am more concerned that you are having trouble matching films using AMC Updater. You shouldn't be. Could you please post your MyFilmsAMCupdater.log after you try to import your movies so Guzzi can figure out what the problem is? Thanks.

EDIT: Of course there is always the option of using the import features in AMC or other catalogs. Most have quite extensive import capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread