Import Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Hi,

Is there anyway to import *.ts files into the MyTV recorded shows section. I have quite a few files which don't don't appear in the list.

Thanks

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    robo

not much of a workaround... but to do this i copy the files in to a folder called something like 'tv to watch' and then add that folder to the my videos section.

i also tend to process them through project x, mpeg2schnitt, and then remux to mpeg2 files... to get rid of adds and the recording slack....

.ts files will work just as well tho

Steve

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    robomonkey said:
    Is there anyway to import *.ts files into the MyTV recorded shows section. I have quite a few files which don't don't appear in the list.

Sounds like you have deleted MP TV database and those old recordings are not added to the new database.

robomonkey

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Yeah I been trying CVS builds, and some of them don't work for me, so when I copy the backup the DB is obviously out of date.

s53zo

Portal Member
    August 9, 2005
    Hola!

I have a similar problem. The shows get recorded, the files appear on hard drive but they are not listen under "Recordings". As they would not have been added to the database.

I've also added the "Recordings" folder to the "My Videos" list but when I click on the file nothing happens. It is not played.

Anybody please?

Regards,
    Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Recorded TV questions!! DE
    Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
    Thanks for that.....sorted now I think!! :)
    Hi.....have used MP1 for some years now....and finally got around to giving MP2 a real go today :) Having setup a TV recordings...
    Replies
    Views
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
    Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom