Import Sat Channels from LyngSat site or similar? (1 Viewer)

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As there are several webpages hosting information on channel frequencies for a number of satellite stations, I wondered if there is any way, or there could be any way, to have an import from somewhere like lyngsat to save on tuning, and enable automatic updates when transponders change?

Just an idea, appreciate that this sort of thing might be much harder than it sounds, or even require permissions from the site's that they wont allow - but worth asking?

Otherwise, how about a database for sat users where changes can be entered and synced to and from?

Just would aid in setup of sat systems where the channel scan takes a long, long time to setup...

bob

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I've contacted "kingofsat" if it would be possible to provide ini files that contains all the information (or perhaps any other file format)..., it woul be possible

here"s the mail

Code:
    Hello,

This could be done, but this would not mean that the various DVB applications would understand it. Such file format needs to be agreed between DVB apps and kingofsat.

Best regards,
    http://www.kingofsat.net/

----- Original Message ----- 
    Subject: Full channel details in ini files

On your site you provide ini files wich contain info about the different transponders, but you also provide channel details, isn't it possible that you also provide this info
    in a ini file so that all the DVB-S tuner applications/hardware no longer have to scan but can just load the ini files, and instantly have a new up to date channel database.

Thanks in advance

So what do the developers think of this, or any other talented developer?

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks ocram - sounds great... I guess this is now a question for the devs, would they be happy to discuss with the kingofsat team to agree an import protocol?

This would surely be a great addition to mediaportal, the ability to simply import the channels from the net, and sync as and when any frequencies and transponders change.

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    What do the developers think of this?

Wouldn't be to hard to do I think, its basically the same as a channel import instead of using your own exported channel list you use that from kingofsat.

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I've read that in future releases ther will be a possibility for members to upload there channels and other to download them again, wouldn't it be better to use this method for sattelite channels, because this method is always updated and by a lot more people then just MP users?

ltpr

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello! I am somewhat new to MediaPortal and was wondering if this idea ever came to fruition? It's a great idea and cam help many people not have to deal constantly manually checking all the Lyngsat information. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom