Import Series Data From Another Source (1 Viewer)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Is there any way to get MP-TV Series to import episode data from either another provider or a way to create the database on another machine and then import it into MP-TV Series??

The reason I ask is that I have Lost Season 1 setup in DVD order and on the DVD there are 25 episodes but on THETVDB, there are only 24 and they are point blank refusing to acknowledge episode 25 on their site so thus episode 25 will not show up in the tv series listing and it looks incomplete.

Any ideas other than joining the avi's together (which I don't want to do).

Thanks in advance.

Steven.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Guys,

Is there any way to get MP-TV Series to import episode data from either another provider or a way to create the database on another machine and then import it into MP-TV Series??

The reason I ask is that I have Lost Season 1 setup in DVD order and on the DVD there are 25 episodes but on THETVDB, there are only 24 and they are point blank refusing to acknowledge episode 25 on their site so thus episode 25 will not show up in the tv series listing and it looks incomplete.

Any ideas other than joining the avi's together (which I don't want to do).

Thanks in advance.

Steven.

Since you do not want to join, give it the same name as Episode '24', this will then show two entries for episode 24, but you can play them back individually. TheTVdB info on episode 24 is actually for your 24+25, because for the DVD release they decided to split it between 24 and 25, instead of the double-length single episode it was aired as.

I actually concur with TheTVdB admins on that, they have to draw the line somewhere, or you end up with endless amount of combinations and user-edits screwing it up for everybody else that is used to the official aired system. Supposedly in the new website system more options will be possible, but the way development has gone, I'm not holding my breath until it is actually up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom