Importer switches from Buffy to Buffy (Motion Comic) (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried to import Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 4, but the importer favours Buffy The Vampire Slayer The Motion Comic for some reason, even when I select the first one manually in the import wizard. It all goes wrong in step 3/4 where the importer somehow has decided to override my selection.

I can't access my log right now but the episodes are named like this:

"Buffy The Vampire Slayer s04e01 The Freshman dvdrip divx.avi"

I'm using the latest version of StreamedMP, so I think I'm using the latest release of this plugin as well. Running MediaPortal 1.2 Alpha.
    Emph

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I think you need to manually click a button after you change the selection in the wizard. Still it should have auto matched that one, not sure what went wrong.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think you need to manually click a button after you change the selection in the wizard. Still it should have auto matched that one, not sure what went wrong.

The thing is that the last time I tried, it selected the right show in step 1, then in step 3 it has somehow changed to the wrong one.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried re-importing my Buffy seasons again (now with the latest, January release of MP TV-Series) but it still just switches to the wrong show somewhere between step 2 and 3 of the import process. Very annoying. :( Could this by any chance be a fault in the thetvdb API?

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (show-id 70327) has 7 seasons
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Motion Comic (show-id 179971) STARTS at season 8

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I tried deleting my buffy from the database and it picked up the right one...will need to see mp-tvseries logs when set to debug:

1. Delete buffy from your database in details tab.
    2. Set logging to debug in general tab
    3. Run through import wizard.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried deleting my buffy from the database and it picked up the right one...will need to see mp-tvseries logs when set to debug:

1. Delete buffy from your database in details tab.
    2. Set logging to debug in general tab
    3. Run through import wizard.

Just to be sure, #1 means deleting the incorrectly imported ones only, right? I have seasons 3-7 of Buffy, but also Buffy The Motion Comic (season 8).

The import order was as follows:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Motion Comic (season 8) - correct
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 3) - correct
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 4) - incorrect
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 5) - incorrect
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 6) - incorrect
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer (season 7) - incorrect

I'm gonna get the logs for you in a short while. Thanks for an excellent plugin!

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    are your filenames consistent in each folder for the two series? the only way I can see it getting mixed up if you have the same parsed series name in both.

I recommend deleting both from database so can see your filenames in log.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, I started by quickly removing all the wrongly imported seasons and did an import. Saved the logs. Then I removed all seasons and did an import. Saved the logs.

On the second try, all seasons (including the Motion Comic, season 8) was found to be Buffy The Vampire Slayer (someone had added the Motion Comic as "specials" for Buffy The Vampire Slayer). I then removed season 8 and re-imported it, but curiously enough, it's fate is now that of the orginal series back when I started this thread.

Logs (debug level) attached in a .zip file.
    Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Im a bit concerned about your multiple entries in log:

Code:
    Online Parsing Completed
    there should only be one!

Do you have any copies of tvseries in your plugin folder?

Also I really need you to do the test by deleting both series in database.

would be nice to see a image of details tab of your episode structure after deleting both and running import. That way you can visually show me which ones didnt parse correctly to the right series/season.

Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Im a bit concerned about your multiple entries in log:

Code:
    Online Parsing Completed
    there should only be one!

Do you have any copies of tvseries in your plugin folder?

Do you mean multiple .dll files?

Also I really need you to do the test by deleting both series in database.

I did this before running the second scan (logs named "all seasons").

would be nice to see a image of details tab of your episode structure after deleting both and running import. That way you can visually show me which ones didnt parse correctly to the right series/season.
    Thanks

I can't provide a screen dump ATM (catching up on tonight's shows before bed, multitasking with my laptop writing this :) ) but (from memory) the details view looked like this:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    (+)Specials
    Season 1
    Season 2
    (+)Season 3
    (+)Season 4
    (+)Season 5
    (+)Season 6
    (+)Season 7

The "Specials" row contained the Motion Comic episodes (in the second scan). When I deleted them tried to rescan them, they appeared as "(+)Season 8" instead (changing magically at import step 3 from Motion Comic to original series). I can do another scan tomorrow and make snapshots if needed.

Some more feedback on the import wizard; As you select a show in step 2 other than what the importer chooses, the green "v" icon should have some other colour than green, or it's very hard to understand where you have to click to be able to continue to the next one.

Edit: The folder names for each season all have Buffy in them. But only the Motion Comic season has "Motion Comic" in the folder name.

Thanks a lot!
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom